Drop off unwanted documents, papers
ONE-DAY EVENT: A Shredding Day will be 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at the Geauga-Trumbull Solid Waste Management District collection facility, 5138 Enterprise Drive, Warren. The one-day free shredding event is for Geauga and Trumbull counties residents only. There is a limit of four boxes and bags per vehicle. Because of COVID-19, empty boxes will not be returned. For information, call 330-675-2673, 1-800-707-2673 or www.gotta gogreen.org
Protect and Shred will conduct the document shredding with COVID-19 precautions in effect.
The collection facility is open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays to accept appliances and electronics and during the same hours on Wednesdays for household hazardous waste, appliances and electronics.
SCHOOL HOLDS AUCTION: Warren City Schools surplus auction will be held online through 6:30 p.m. June 30. Items are from the school’s maintenance building on Pine Avenue. A preview of the items will be 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 29. The auction is with Basinger Auction Services Ltd. of North Lima.
TEA PARTY TO MEET: The Geauga County Tea Party June meeting will be 6:30 to 7:45 p.m. Tuesday at the East Pavilion at Chesterland’s Parkside facility at the intersection of state Route 306 and U.S. 322. The speaker is Mark Seme of Americans for Prosperity. Seme will discuss the federal government’s response to the COVID-19 virus focusing on the CARES program and other regulatory matters.
The meeting will be outside to provide the opportunity for social distancing and mask use.
For information visit http://www.geaugacountytea party.com or 440-622-3165.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Network or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Sunday breakfast — 8:30 to 9 a.m., Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, served by Tod United Methodist Church. The mission serves meals daily at noon and 4 p.m.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Gamblers Anonymous 12-Step fellowship — 7:30 p.m. Christ Church Presbyterian Church, 3425 Hopkins Road, Cornersburg. 330-505-5060.
• Sunday Solutions — 2 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Keeping it Simple — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Regardless Of — 7 p.m., Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Ave., Warren.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330 856-3822.
• Peer to Peer Domestic Abuse Support Group 6 p.m., Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE, Warren. Church office, 330-856-3463.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; email email@example.com; mail or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.