NAACP holds history event
CELEBRATING OUR ROOTS: The Trumbull County NAACP will hold “Celebration Of Our Roots” for Black History Month Friday to Sunday at TCAP, 1230 Palmyra Road, Warren. The events will include live music featuring the Howard Family Band 6 to 9 p.m. Friday. There also will be opening celebration, spoken word, vendors and food. Donation is $5.
From 1 to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday will be a free event with historical displays by Jennie Price. There will be a center stage with discussions on health with local physicians, economic development, social empowerment, local talent and market place. For more information, call 330-469-3247.
PHYSICS OLYMPICS: Physics Olympics for students in grades 9 to 12 will be Saturday at Stambaugh Stadium at Youngstown State University. The annual event is a gathering of high school students in a competition designed to strengthen the mind and demonstrate physics in applied settings in 12 different physics competitions from mousetrap, bridge building and ping pong launch.
STEM EXPO: A STEM Expo will be noon to 4 p.m. Thursday at Stambaugh Stadium at Youngstown State University’s gymnasium. Employers from public, private and government sectors will be there to fill available co-op, intern and full-time positions with YSU STEM students and alumni.
BLOCK WATCH TO MEET: Girard Second and Third wards block watches will be 6 p.m. Thursday at the community room at Girard Free Library. Residents of the second and third wards and other are invited.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Network or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Families Anonymous Warren — 6 p.m., CRN Healthcare Inc., 4087 Youngstown Road SE, Warren. 330-307-8182.
• A New Day Nar-Anon Family Group — 7 p.m., Congregational Church, 612 W. Broad St., Newton Falls. Teri, 330-646-4480, or Patty, 330-307-3002.
• Better Your Future Through Hope — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• First Things First — 6 p.m., literature discussion, Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis — 5 p.m., Real Deal Coffee Cafe.
• Someplace Safe — 1370 Tod Ave. NW, Warren. 330-393-3005.
• Howland Rotary Club — noon, Shepherd of the Valley, North River Road.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield, eight-step Christian program. 330-599-2402.
• Niles American Legion Post 106 — 6:30 p.m., post home, 1029 N. Main St, Niles. 330-652-1323.
• The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9678 — 7 p.m., 16013 W. High St., Middlefield. Gary, 440-321-0808.
• Kinship Association Support Meeting — 9:30 a.m., YWCA, Warren, second floor. 330-675-2617.
• Loving Outreach Surviving Suicide — 5:30 p.m., Valley Counseling, 150 E. Market St., Warren.
• Newton Falls VFW Ladies Auxiliary 3332 — 7 p.m., post home, 433 Arlington Road, Newton Falls.
• Monday Night Serenity Hall AA — 7:30 p.m., Badger Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 1353, Leavittsburg — weigh-in 6 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Community Church of Leavittsburg, 4640 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. 330-898-0357.
• TOPS Ohio 698, Girard — weigh-in 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway Ave., Girard. 330-545-4770.
• Nothing to Fear — 10 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 4 Summit St., Niles.
• Hubbard HOW — 7:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 1815 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard.
• Grief Support Group — 10:30 a.m. Vienna United Methodist Church community room, 4265 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. Sponsored by Herron Funeral Home and Hospice of the Valley. 330-399-6650.
• The Landing — 6 p.m. celebrate recovery program for teens, Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• The Weigh Inn — weigh-in 5 to 6 p.m., meeting 6:15 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St. 330-652-9098.