WEAR RED DAY: February is Heart Month and the annual National Wear Red Day is set for Friday to raise awareness about heart disease. The American Heart Association is encouraging people to wear red on Friday to help draw awareness to the meaning of heart health basics.
NEIGHBORHOOD GROUP: The Warren Third Ward Neighborhood Association will meet 6 p.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Christ Episcopal Church, Atlantic Street, Warren.
NIGHT AT RACES: The Lakeview Athletic Club is hosting its annual Night at the Races Saturday at the Bazetta-Cortland Optimist Club.
Doors open at 5 p.m. Races start at 6:30 p.m. There will be a silent auction. Tickets are $20. Call Becky at 330-272-2314 for tickets and more information.
RESCUE BENEFIT DANCE PARTY: Every Dog Matters Rescue Benefit Dance Party, “Bow Wow Boogie,” is 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. Saturday at Rolling Mills Bar & Grill, 1025 S. State St., Girard.
The evening will feature the music of “The Vegas Band,” basket raffles and a 50/50. A Time to Dance Studio will sponsor dance lessons with all proceeds go to Every Dog Matters Rescue.
Advance $10 tickets are available from volunteers at EveryDogMatters@yahoo.
com; ShamPoochies Grooming Spa, 1728 Raccoon Road, Austintown; and Rolling Mills Bar & Grill, 1025 S. State St., Girard. Tickets at the door $12.
For information go to www.facebook.com/EveryDog MattersRescue.
KIDS COOKING: The Kidz Cooking Club will meet 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Liberty Library Branch. Young cooks will follow Master Chef Miss Jill, who will use their math, science and language skills to make a delicious creation.
The program is for cooks ages 5 to 12. Registration is required at the library.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• Prostate Cancer group — 7 to 8:30 p.m., Radiation Oncology Center at Trumbull Regional Medical Center, 1353 E. Market St. (rear of building). Facilitator is nurse Jack Norton.
• Ohio Star Quilters — 9 a.m., the first, third and fourth Wednesdays of the month, Howland SCOPE Senior Center in Howland. Sandy O’Malley, 330-898-3151.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Girard, 890 Churchill Hubbard Road, Girard. Cindy, 330-207-0845.
• Champion Knights of Columbus Council 7491 — 7 p.m., St. William Rectory Office, 5431 Mahoning Ave., Champion.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — 9:20 a.m. weigh-in, 10 a.m. meeting, Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.