See McKinley on Presidents Day
MEET AND GREET: A Presidents Day meet and greet will be 2 to 4 p.m. Monday at the McKinley Birthplace Home, 40 S. Main St., Niles. Mike Wilson as President William McKinley will be at the home, which will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Those attending can test their knowledge of presidential trivia.
RIGHTS OF PEOPLE: The Jewish Community Center of Youngstown will present “Global and Israeli Mental Health and the Rights of People with Disabilities” from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Feb. 25 at the JCC, 505 Gypsy Lane, Youngstown.
Liron David from Enosh, the Israeli Mental Health Association, will discuss mental health issues among older adults in Israel and the global changes towards the rights of the elderly.
The event is free. Light refreshments will be served. For information, visit jccyoungstown.org.
BIKE TO WORK: A Bike to Work meeting to plan for the annual May event in downtown Warren will be held 10 to 11:30 a.m. Feb. 28 at the health department, 176 Chestnut Ave. NE, Warren.
PIEROGI DAY: Extending Grace, 18 W. Liberty St., Hubbard, will host Pierogi Day 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday.
Participants can learn how to make homemade pierogis with chef Billy Prest of Julian Gray’s Catering by Chef Billy Prest in Boardman. Once the lesson is over, the group will work together to make homemade pierogis.
GROCERY DISTRIBUTION: Deliverance Temple Church, 1849 West Ave., Warren, in conjunction with Youngstown Community Food Center Inc. (Gleaners Food Bank), will host a grocery distribution 1:30 p.m. today.
Those receiving food must bring a state-issued photo ID and a utility bill. For more information, call 330-898-5711.
• NAR-ANON — 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 6:30 p.m.,1112 Union Hall, 11471 Ruther Drive. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance — 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren, 12-step meeting. 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
• The Happy Wanderers Senior Fellowship group — 11 a.m., Corner House Christian Church, 6954 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard. 330-534-4665.
• Produce Giveaway — 9:30 a.m., through September, The Warren Family Mission, 1312 W. Market St., Warren.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group — 4 p.m., The Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St., Cortland.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Warren Toastmaster Club — 9 a.m., Christ Church Episcopal, 2627 Atlantic St. NE, Warren. Ken, 330-373-6113.