Dancing, food showcased at YWCA
WOMEN’S DAY: YWCA Mahoning Valley will hold the fourth annual International Women’s Day celebration 5:30 p.m. March 12 at the YWCA’s Youngstown location, 25 W. Rayen Ave.
The “girls night out” event will showcase the dancing, music, dress and food of cultures represented in the Mahoning Valley.
Admission is $20 for adults and $10 for students. Tickets are available in the Youngstown office and at ywcamahoningvalley.org.
YWCA is seeking individual or team entries interested in presenting ethnic or cultural performances in the areas of singing, dancing or a combination of both. Performances should be approximately five minutes. To register as a performer, call 330-746-6361, Ext. 112.
WARD-THOMAS OPEN HOUSE: The Niles Historical Society will hold its monthly open house 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday at the Ward-Thomas House, 503 Brown St., Niles. The last tour will begin at 4 p.m..
The monthly membership meeting will be 10 a.m. March 7 in the Westenfield Room. Plans will be made for the spring banquet in April at Ciminero’s Banquet Centre in Niles with speaker Traci Manning from the Mahoning Valley Historical Society.
For information, call 330-652-8329.
JUNIOR CIVIC MARDI GRAS: The Youngstown Junior Civic League will host its ninth annual Mardi Gras fundraiser 6 to 10 p.m. Saturday at Avion on the Water, 2177 W. Reserve Road, Canfield. Tickets are $40 per person and may be purchased through any Junior Civic League member. Proceeds will benefit education programs in the community.
For more information, contact special projects co-chairs Veronica Crafter-Srinivasan at 330-727-4540, Tammie Cooper at 330-770-9138 or JCL President Jenita Gillespie at 330-207-9945.
HUMAN BODY: OH! WOW! The Roger and Gloria Jones Children’s Center for Science and Technology in Youngstown will hold STEM Storytime 10 a.m. Saturday for children 5 and older. Children will explore the inner working of the human bodies with the Inspire Works staff to make models of the human lungs to take home.
Because Leap Day is Saturday, more activities will be planned during regular hours.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary Club — 6 p.m. at Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard. Andy at 330-716-4523.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 375 North Park Ave., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., meeting 9:15 a.m., SCOPE Senior Services at the YWCA, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Co-Dependency and Grief — 7 p.m., Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Call 330-534-1952.
• Minute by Minute Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. closed discussion, First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren.
• Niles McKinley High School Class of 1960 — 9:30 a.m., Scenna’s Restaurant.
• Lighthouse Recovery and Support Group — 6 p.m. at Warren Revival Center, 4400 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. 330-898-4295.