Brookfield event helps alumni
ECHO FUNDRAISER: The ECHO Foundation is hosting a fundraiser benefit Saturday at the Yankee Lake Ballroom. The 12th annual event raises money to help Brookfield alumni and their families who have experienced a tragic event and need a helping hand. The event will feature local country music artist Chris Higbee along with opening act, Kevin Dale. Also included are music by DJ Mike Hammond, dinner, drinks, an auction and other raffles. The Echo Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization established in 2009 by Brookfield High alumni who wanted to help two classmates who were affected by serious illnesses.
Doors open at 5 p.m. and dinner at 6 p.m.
Tickets are available on BrownPaperTickets.com and at the following locations: Shampooch, 2005 Pine Hollow Blvd., Hermitage, Pa.; Yankee Lake Party Center, 1800 state Route 7, Brookfield; Laddie’s Sky Club, 8189 Warren Sharon Road, Masury; and Warehouse Sales: 200 Silver St., Sharon, Pa.
Alumni wishing to apply can pick up and submit an application at The Community Foundation of Eastern Ohio and Western Pennsylvania, 7 W. State St. in Sharon, Pa. Visit the Echo Foundation’s Facebook page for more information.
CHOCOLATE FEST: The Howland Library Branch, 9095 E. Market St., will have a Chocolate Fest 6 p.m. Thursday for teens in grades 7 to 12. The event will allow teens to celebrate by tasting different chocolates. Registration is required at 330-856-2011.
TINKER KITCHEN: The Warren Trumbull County Public Library will have a Tinker Kitchen program 6 p.m. today for grades 7 to 12. Culinary exploration meets STEM learning in the interactive cooking class. Make treats while practicing cooking, science and math skills. Registration is required at 330-399-8807.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren,
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Cancer Caregiver Support Group Trumbull County — 6 to 8 p.m. St. Mary Church, 3504 Main St. (state Route 46), Mineral Ridge. Joyce, 330-652-0071.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 North Park Ave., Warren.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Girard, 890 Churchill Hubbard Road, Girard. Cindy, 330-207-0845.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road, Warren.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road, Warren.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — 9:20 a.m. weigh-in, 10 a.m. meeting, Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.