Vienna Historical Society to host authors
WARREN IMAGES: The Vienna Historical Society will host Meghan Reed and Josh Nativio, authors of the book “Warren: Images of America,” 7 p.m. Tuesday at township hall on state Route 193.
READING KICKOFF: Kinsman Free Public Library will hold a winter kickoff lock-in 5 to 8 p.m. Friday. Patrons of all ages are invited to join Team KFPL for an after-hours lock-in party at the library to kick off the Warm Up to Reading winter reading program.
Those attending should come dressed warm, bundled-up and ready for outdoor activities like sledding and snowman building. Inside will be snacks and a hot cocoa bar with all the fixings.
If there is no snow, there will indoor activities that all ages can enjoy.
Register for the program a day early at the party to receive a gift. Pre-registration is not required but is appreciated.
PENGUIN BOWL: The 17th annual Penguin Bowl is a regional competition of the National Ocean Science Bowls, with students competing on topics related to the study of the oceans.
The program is for students in ninth to 12th grades, with the competition set for Saturday at the Pittsburgh Zoo and Aquarium. For information, email Youngstown State professor Dr. Felicia Armstrong at email@example.com
STEAM CLUB: The McKinley Memorial Library in Niles will hold STEAM Club from 3 to 4:30 p.m. Mondays at the McKinley Birthplace Replica House. Children can experience activities involving science, technology, engineering, arts and math.
Call 330-652-1704 for more details.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Network or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Families Anonymous Warren — 6 p.m., CRN Healthcare Inc., 4087 Youngstown Road SE, Warren. 330-307-8182.
• A New Day Nar-Anon Family Group — 7 p.m., Congregational Church, 612 W. Broad St., Newton Falls. Teri, 330-646-4480, or Patty, 330-307-3002.
• Better Your Future Through Hope — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• First Things First — 6 p.m., literature discussion, Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis — 5 p.m., Real Deal Coffee Cafe.
• Someplace Safe — 1370 Tod Ave. NW, Warren. 330-393-3005.
• Howland Rotary Club — noon, Shepherd of the Valley, North River Road.
• Youngstown Toastmasters Executive 408 — 6:40 p.m., Adamas Square, 8131 Market St., Boardman.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield, eight-step Christian program. 330-599-2402.
• Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 1115, 7 p.m. at the Disabled American Veterans building, 2044 Youngstown Road SE, Warren. 330-369-3388.
• Monday Night Serenity Hall AA — 7:30 p.m., Badger Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.