Dulcimer society to meet tonight
ACOUSTIC MUSIC LOVERS WELCOME: The Dulcimer Society of Trumbull County will meet 6 to 8 p.m. today at the John Emanuel Howland Senior Center, 8273 High St., Warren. Meetings are open to anyone interested in playing or listening to hammer or fretted dulcimers. Any acoustic instrument also is welcome.
For information, call Bill Schilling 234-564-3852 or Rosemary Jennings 330-547-6783.
ISRAEL POLITICAL TURMOIL: Israel’s political turmoil will be discussed at a program noon to 1 p.m. today at the Jewish Community Center’s Adult Lounge, 505 Gypsy Lane, Youngstown. The center’s program director and Israeli native Gon Erez will explain the Israeli political system, its history and the current state that led the country to hold three consecutive elections in less than a year.
The event is free. A light lunch will be served. For information, visit www.jccyoungstown.org.
TINKER TIME: The OH WOW! The Roger & Gloria Jones Children’s Center for Science and Technology will hold Tinker Time noon to 2 p.m. Saturday for all ages. Participants will learn about embroidery and see the difference between fabric types. Call 330-744-5914 for information.
MODEL RAILROAD FLEA MARKET: The Model Railroad and Toy Train Flea Market hosted by the Youngstown Model Railroad Association will meet 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Sunday at the Salem Center Plex, 1098 N. Ellsworth Ave., Salem. Cost is $5 per person, with children 12 and younger admitted free with an adult.
For table reservations or information, call Darrell Balakoff at 330-718-1057 or email ymodelrrclub@yahoo. com.
ANTI DRUG ART SHOW: The Art Outreach Gallery at the Eastwood Mall Complex in Niles is hosting the “Anti Drug and Alcohol Art Show,” curated by Trinity Hobbs, a senior at Trumbull Career and Technical Center.
The show is scheduled today through Jan. 26. The awards reception is scheduled for 6 p.m. Saturday.
The show features 45 pieces of artwork by 23 artists in two age groups, seventh- to 12th-grade, and adult artists. The theme for the artwork is “Anti Drug and Alcohol.”
Melissa Mills, McDonald High School art instructor, is the judge for the show. Robert Hobbs, Kevin Smith and anonymous people in recovery will be guest speakers at the art reception Saturday and 5 p.m. Jan. 18.
The gallery is along the J.C. Penney concourse. Hours are 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, 1 to 9 p.m. Saturday and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday.
• NAR-ANON — 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance — 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren, 12-step meeting. 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
• Produce Give-Away — 9:30 a.m., through September, The Warren Family Mission, 1312 W. Market St., Warren.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group — 4 p.m., The Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St., Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Warren-Trumbull County NAACP — 11 a.m., ACOP Building, 2051 Niles Road, Warren. 330-394-5942.
• National Association for Anorexia Nervosa and other Associated Eating Disorders (ANAD) — 9 a.m., Notre Dame Church, 2325 Highland Road, Hermitage, Pa. 724-981-5435 or anad.org.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery– 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Warren Toastmaster Club — 9 a.m., Christ Church Episcopal, 2627 Atlantic St. NE, Warren. Ken, 330-373-6113.
• Saturday Here and Now — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.