Visit with Santa in Southington
CHALKER BUILDING HOLIDAYS: Southington Community Trust will have a Christmas open house and storytime with Santa Claus 2 to 6 p.m. Saturday at the Chalker Building, state Route 305, Southington. Organizations and individuals interested in participating in the Christmas tree decorating or cookie contest can contact Pam at 330-898-0654 or Marsha at 330-978-4820. The event is open to the community. Southington elementary school children will sing at 3 p.m. The building is decorated for the holidays. All funds raised will be used by the trust for projects and enhancements of the Chalker Building.
WINTERFEST IN BROOKFIELD: Warrior WinterFest will hold the fifth annual Christmas in the Country Craft Show 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Brookfield High School. There will be crafts, breakfast with Santa and Little Warrior Theatre Production. The Brookfield drama club will present a Christmas Theatre Production, with students primarily in grades 4 through 6 being featured. The Christmas Theatre Production “How Santa Got His Christmas Tree” was written by Tim Kelly. Patrons also will be able to enter to win a live Christmas tree that is featured in the show. The production is being staged by the Little Warrior Theatre. The show will be performed at 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased in advance at Brook fieldDrama.com for $2 or at the door for $3.
Proceeds from the benefit go to the Brookfield drama club, the Brookfield Class of 2020, and the Brookfield Art Club. For information, visit www.BrookfieldDrama.com or call 330-333-1139.
COOKIE DASH: First Congregational Church of Wayne Women’s Missionary Society will hold a cookie dash 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday or until sold at the Wayne Town hall. A dozen homemade, assorted cookies can be purchased for $4.50. Proceeds benefit missions and missionaries.
SANTA CLAUS TO VISIT: The Girard Free Library will have a visit from Santa 6 to 7:30 p.m. Monday. There will be pictures with Santa, displays of the Mahoning Valley Railroad Club, musical performances from Girard High School band and choir, and refreshments.
DEER HUNTERS: Hubbard Conservation Club, 1760 Wick Campbell Road, Hubbard, will hold deer hunters meals 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday. For information, call 330-261-5967 or 330-501-7650.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Network or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Sunday breakfast — 8:30 to 9 a.m., Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, served by Tod United Methodist Church. The mission serves meals daily at noon and 4 p.m.
• Sunday Solutions — 2 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.