Santa Claus heads to Niles
TREE LIGHTING: The Niles Lions Club will host the annual Niles Christmas tree lighting ceremony 6:30 p.m. Monday at the police and fire safety complex. Santa will arrive by firetruck and the high school choir and band will perform Christmas carols and songs. There will be refreshments.
VICTORIAN COLLECTIONS: The Victorian Collections and Coffee annual fall lecture series will conclude 10 a.m. Tuesday with “Those Quirky Victorians” presented by Cathi Weber, author and local historian from Willoughby. The program is on Victorian life, including constricting fashions. The program will include discussion on Victorian hobbies, food and entertainment. This is the final program in the series being held at the Thomas Meeting Room on the second floor of the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library. For information call 330-395-6575 or visit www.sutliffmuseum.org.
MRS. CLAUS AT LIBRARY: The Newton Falls Library will provide children ages 2 to 5 the opportunity to meet with Mrs. Claus 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Tuesday. There will be cookies, crafts and stories. Space is limited so registration is required.
PHOTOS WITH SANTA: The Animal Welfare League, 812 Youngstown-Kingsville Road SE, Vienna, will hold Photos with Santa noon to 4 p.m. Saturday. Minimum donation is $10. Proceeds to benefit the AWL and the shelter animals. All animals must be on a leash or in a carrier. Call 330-539-5300.
HOLIDAY OPEN HOUSE: Handmade Christmas in the Cottage, 4444 Pendelton Road, Leavittsburg, will hold a Christmas open house 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday There will be refreshments and prize drawings.
DEER CLASS: Hubbard Conservation Club, 1760 Wick Campbell Road, will hold a deer hunting program for adults on Wednesday. Call 330-501-7650 for more information.
ROBOTICS PROGRAM: Northeast Ohio Robotics Education program is an academic program that provides middle and junior high students with a hands on learning experience. Teams of students form area schools and organizations assisted by a teacher or coach build and program a LEGO robot from December to March. The program culminates in the annual competition held in two age divisions in March. Program is for students in grades fifth to 12th. Start date is Thursday and end date is March 11 at Youngstown State University Beeghly Physical Education and Recreation Center. Contact Bob Kramer at 330-941-1495 or Connie Frisby at 330-941-2452.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Network or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• AMVETS 106 — 2 p.m., post house, 1243 N. Main St., Niles.
• Sunday breakfast — 8:30 to 9 a.m., Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, served by Tod United Methodist Church. The mission serves meals daily at noon and 4 p.m.
• Write to Recover — 10 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Gamblers Anonymous 12-Step fellowship — 7:30 p.m. Christ Church Presbyterian Church, 3425 Hopkins Road, Cornersburg. 330-505-5060.
• Sunday Solutions — 2 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Keeping it Simple — 7 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Regardless Of — 7 p.m., Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Ave., Warren.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330 856-3822.