LOAF holds free event at Lakeview
HOLIDAY CONCERT TO BENEFIT RESPONDERS: The Cortland Community Band and a once-a-year Lakeview Outreach And Fellowship (LOAF) community choir will join together for a free holiday concert 7 p.m. Wednesday at Lakeview High School auditorium. Donations have provided money for several community needs: the food pantry, uniforms for the Lakeview band and, this year, protective vests for first responders. The Cortland Community Band is under the direction of Craig Weincek, and the LOAF Choir is under the direction of Michelle Robbins-Jones. Refreshments are offered after the concert.
GIFT WRAPPING: The Jewish Community Center of Youngstown will offer gift wrapping for a donation at the Southern Park Mall today through Dec. 24. Donations benefit scholarships for many JCC programs. The gift wrapping station will be near Zale’s and Finish Line. Gift wrapping is also available at the JCC, 505 Gypsy Lane, Youngstown, during normal business hours.
BAND TO PERFORM: The Cortland Community Band will be performing 3 p.m. Sunday at the Eastwood Mall main concourse, The band has performed there each Christmas for about 25 years.
INSPIRING MINDS MINISTRY: Inspiring Minds of Youngstown, Restoration Single Mothers Ministry will hold a vendor market and craft show “A Few of My Favorite Things” Saturday and Sunday at the AFOMFT Market. The annual fair offers unique, handmade products from crafters and small business owners. Individuals also offer donations to the supported charities of the event. This year AFOMFT Market will be accepting monetary donations for Inspiring Minds of Youngstown.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren,
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St.
• Girard Liberty Rotary Club — 6 p.m. at Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard. Andy at 330-716-4523.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., meeting 9:15 a.m., SCOPE Senior Services at the YWCA, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Codependency and Grief — 7 p.m., Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. For those who have lost loved ones to alcohol or drug abuse. Call 330-534-1952.