Special Olympics event Saturday
MEMORIAL SWIM MEET: The 16th annual Kelly Jo Carlson Swim Meet will be held noon to 4 p.m. Saturday at Warren Harding HIgh School natatorium. The swim meet is for Special Olympic swimmers. Swimmers from several counties, including Trumbull and Mahoning counties, will compete in several events and swim relays. The event is hosted by the Fairhaven Special Olympics program. Members of Carlson’s family and friends will take part.
MONTHLY MEETING: William Penn Branch 28, Youngstown, will have its monthly meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday at the Austintown Eat-n-Park Restaurant. Upcoming events will be discussed.
STEEL GIRLS REUNION: Sharon Steel Girls Office Reunion will be 11:30 a.m. Saturday at Toss’d Italian Bar & Grille, 3460 E. State St., Hermitage, Pa. Reservations must be made as soon as possible by calling Judy Reichert at 330-448-4589 or Cheryl Cave at 724-342-1077.
ADOPT A FOOT: Adopt a Foot, the Lakeview Outreach and Fellowship program to provide new shoes for students in grades kindergarten to eighth in area schools, has kicked off its annual request for donations. LOAF is able to get each student on the list a pair of shoes at $30 from local shoe companies. Since the 1980s, the Adopt a Foot has provided 100 pairs of shoes each tear to students in Maplewood, Lakeview, Mathews, Badger, Bristol and Champion schools. Students are selected by teachers, guidance counselors, school nurses and other personnel. Adopt a Foot was initially begun by Prince of Peace Lutheran Church but was only able to assist a few children. As other LOAF churches, Salvation Army and community members got involved more donations were given. Donations are needed by the end of November and can be sent to Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 490 N. High St., Cortland, Indicate the gift is for shoes.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Network or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren,
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard Liberty Rotary Club — 6 p.m. at Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard. Andy at 330-716-4523.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., meeting 9:15 a.m., SCOPE Senior Services at the YWCA, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Codependency and Grief — 7 p.m., Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. For those who have lost loved ones to alcohol or drug abuse. Call 330-534-1952.
• American Legion Riders — 6:15 p.m., 700 (motorcycle club), Howland American Legion Post 700, 8273 High St. NE, Howland.
• Alzheimer Assistance and Referral Network Support Group — 6 p.m., Girard Public Library, 105 E. Prospect St., Girard.
• Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention — 9:30 a.m., Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board offices, 4076 Youngstown Road SE, No. 201, Warren.
• VFW Post 2662 — 6:30 p.m. at Bazetta Town Hall.
• Parents of Murdered Children — 6 p.m. Girard Municipal Building. 330-219-2438.
• Lighthouse Recovery and Support Group — 6 p.m. at Warren Revival Center, 4400 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. 330-898-4295.