TREE LIGHTING SET: Newton Falls will host its annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday in the downtown area. A person described by village officials only as a “mystery guest” will pull the switch to power the tree. It was announced at last month’s village council meeting that many local businesses are expected to remain open during the Sunday evening event.
FESTIVAL OF TREES: St. Joseph Warren Hospital, 677 Eastland Ave. NE, Warren, is planning its annual Festival of Trees 9 a.m. Dec. 3 to noon Dec. 10 in the hospital’s main lobby.
The missions committee, which assists those in need in the community, has organized the event. In addition to the main lobby, there also will be some trees in the cafeteria.
LAWNMOWER WORK: The Girard High School FIRST Robotics Team will hold a lawn mower maintenance and winterization service fundraiser Dec. 7 in the back parking lot at the high school, 1244 Shannon Road. Cost is $40.
Team members and coaches have been trained to clean the mowers, change the oil, sharpen and balance the blade and add fuel stabilizers.
Mowers can be dropped off between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. and owners will be called when mowers are ready for pickup. Pickup and delivery service is available for $50 by calling 330-545-5431, Ext. 130. Proceeds will benefit the robotics team.
SHOTS FOR RESIDENTS: In honor of the 100th year of public health, the Warren city health district nursing division has flu shots available for residents on first-come, first-served basis.
Call 330-841-596 to schedule an appointment.
LIBRARY CLOSINGS: All Warren-Trumbull County Public Library locations and services will close early at 5 p.m. Wednesday and be closed Thursday for Thanksgiving. Regular hours will resume Friday.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Network or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren,
• Tuesday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Tuesday Night Surrender — 7:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard Liberty Rotary Club — 6 p.m. at Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard. Andy at 330-716-4523.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., meeting 9:15 a.m., SCOPE Senior Services at the YWCA, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Co-dependency and Grief — 7 p.m., Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. For those who have lost loved ones to alcohol or drug abuse. Call 330-534-1952.
• Minute by Minute Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. closed discussion, First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
• Niles McKinley High School Class of 1960, 9:30 a.m. at Scenna’s Restaurant. Classmates and spouses are welcome.