THANKSGIVING: Local Thanksgiving meals will be provided to local residents for the holiday season. Brookfield and Masury residents may attend 3 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the fire station, state Route 7, for a meal. The Warren Family Mission will hold a free meal for the public noon to 4 p.m. Wednesday at the mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren. Last year 2,500 meals were served. A meal also will be served 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday at the Newton Falls American Legion Post, 2025 E. River Road.
LEAF PICKUP: As part of Howland Township leaf pickup program, residents whose trash hauler is the township’s preferred hauler, Republic Services, people can place 10 bags of leaves per week with their garbage. There is no additional fee, and leaves can be in plastic garbage bags. Keep bags of yard waste to less than 40 pounds. If trash is picked up by a vendor other than Republic Services, check with the haulers to see if they will pick up leaves. They should take five bags of yard waste per week.
TREE LIGHTING: Bristol Township tree lights have been set up with the park decorated for Christmas. If residents want to see the lights, continue send contributions to Bristol trustees, P.O. Box 254, Bristolville, OH 44402. The tree lighting is 6 p.m. Sunday. For questions about the lights, call Ramon French at 330-889-3670.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Network or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Families Anonymous Warren — 6 p.m., CRN Healthcare Inc., 4087 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, 330-307-8182.
• A New Day Nar-Anon Family Group — 7 p.m., Congregational Church, 612 W. Broad St., Newton Falls. Teri, 330-646-4480, or Patty, 330-307-3002.
• Better Your Future Through Hope — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• First Things First — 6 p.m., literature discussion, Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis — 5 p.m., Real Deal Coffee Cafe.
• Someplace Safe — 1370 Tod Ave. NW, Warren. 330-393-3005.
• Howland Rotary Club — noon, Shepherd of the Valley, North River Road.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield, eight-step Christian program. 330-599-2402.
• Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 1115, 7 p.m. at the Disabled American Veterans building, 2044 Youngstown Road SE, Warren. 330-369-3388.
• Monday Night Serenity Hall AA — 7:30 p.m., Badger Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 1353, Leavittsburg — weigh-in 6 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Community Church of Leavittsburg, 4640 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. 330-898-0357.
• TOPS Ohio 698, Girard — weigh-in 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway Ave., Girard. 330-545-4770 or 330-534-2618.
• Nothing to Fear — 10 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 4 Summit St., Niles.
• Hubbard HOW — 7:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 1815 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard.
• Circle of Hope mental health support group — 6:30 p.m., Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave. NW, Warren. For information, call 330-502-8103.
• The Landing — 6 p.m. celebrate recovery program for teens, Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• The Weigh Inn — weigh-in 5 to 6 p.m., meeting 6:15 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St. 330-652-9098.