Preschool marks 50th with music
FREE CONCERT: Howland Community Church Preschool, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, is celebrating 50 years of serving the families of the community with a free concert today.
Appetizers will be offered beginning at 5 p.m. Justin Roberts, writer and performer of children’s music, will perform at 6 p.m. Coffee and desserts will follow at 7.
WALK A PUP: The Healthy Hearts and Paws Project in Brookfield will hold a “Walk a Pup / Write a Bio” event Petfinder noon to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at 384 Collar Price Road.
Pet biographies are important when trying to garner a potential adopter’s interest on Petfinder, a site where people search for animals. People can help write up a bio about the dogs, and it will be added to Petfinder. Volunteers will spend approximately one to two hours with a dog and then will write up a bio and it will be added to that pup’s profile on Petfinder.
All volunteers are required to fill out a volunteer application and sign a waiver of liability form. Minors are permitted to volunteer provided that they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. For information call 234-855-5847.
CRAFT EVENT: Craft, lunch and fellowship will be held noon to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at Lordstown Lutheran Church 5615 Palmyra Road SW, Warren.
HISTORY OF MCKINLEY: McKinley Museum Director Amber Farris will present a program on the National McKinley Birthplace Memorial, located in Niles, 10 a.m. Saturday at Kravitz’s Deli Meeting Room, 3135 Belmont Ave., Liberty, for the William Holmes McGuffey Historical Society.
All McGuffey programs are open to the public. Member admission is $5 and nonmember admission is $6. Refreshments will be served, and a raffle held to benefit the society’s education mission. Instrumental music is by Dolores DePietro.
• NAR-ANON — 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance — 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren, 12-step meeting. 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• Youngstown Area Tropical Fish Society — 7:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Mineral Ridge, 3654 Main St. Speakers offered. 330-638-4839 or www.yatfs.com.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
• The Happy Wanderers Senior Fellowship group — 11 a.m., Corner House Christian Church, 6954 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard. 330-534-4665.
• Produce Give-Away — 9:30 a.m., through September, The Warren Family Mission, 1312 W. Market St., Warren.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group — 4 p.m., The Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St., Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Parent Support Group — 11 a.m., Heart Reach Ministries, 211 Redondo Road, Youngstown. 330-330-2916.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery– 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Here and Now — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 S. High St., Cortland.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 7 p.m. open discussion, Second Christian Church, 904 W. Market St., Warren.
• Vienna Grange 1537 — noon, Copper Penny Lodge Hall, Vienna.