Bazetta, Cortland families assisted with food drive
COLLECTION: The Bazetta police and fire departments and the Ohio State Highway Patrol along with Walmart in Bazetta will collect nonperishable food items, personal-care products and cash donations for needy families in the Bazetta-Cortland area. All proceeds will be distributed by Cortland Area Cares Food Pantry.
The collection will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at Walmart, 2016 Millennium Blvd., near the intersection of state routes 5 and 82. Donations will also be accepted at the Bazetta police department, 2671 McCleary Jacoby Road, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For information, call 330-638-5503.
HUBBARD HOLDS AUCTION: The Hubbard Rotary will hold the 64th annual auction Thursday at the Hubbard Community Gymnasium, 110 Orchard Ave. Doors open at 5 p.m. with dinner available. The auction begins at 6 p.m. There will also be a bake sale, 50 / 50 drawing, and new and used merchandise.
For information, call Mike at 330-534-0890.
WILD TURKEYS: Amy Reeher of the Trumbull Soil and Water Conservation District will talk about the characteristics and habitat of the wild turkey at this illustrated presentation for adults 6 p.m. today at the Brookfield Library Branch.
CLUB TO FORM: A newly forming Altrusa International of Trumbull County will be meeting 6:30 p.m. Nov. 13 at Panera Bread, 3641 Elm Road NE, Warren. This will be an organizational meeting discussing the formation of a new club in Trumbull County.
The club’s mission is to promote literacy in the community. For information, call Lori Ramsey at 330-294-8002.
TINKER KITCHEN: Culinary exploration meets STEM learning in a interactive cooking class 6 p.m. today at the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library. Make tasty treats while practicing cooking, science and math skills. For ages 5 to 12.
Registration is required by calling 330-399-8807, Ext. 206.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren,
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.