Trumbull 4-H to hold kickoff
EVENT AT TCTC: Trumbull County 4-H will hold the sixth annual kickoff 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Trumbull Career and Technical Center in Champion.
The free event is for all ages and sponsored by the Trumbull County 4-H Advisory Committee, 4-H youth, and volunteers and others. There will be displays of annual projects, club information, shooting sports, creative arts, family consumer science and animal projects.
HEALTH DEVICES: “E-Tech Class: Learn About E-Health Devices” will be 2 p.m. Saturday at the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library.
The program will delve into the newest e-health devices that can track your health, motivate you or even save your life. There will be explanation of each piece of technology through an interactive PowerPoint, and then participants will have the opportunity to try out the devices.
The session is free and no registration is necessary.
HALLO SCREAM: A Hallo-Scream for teens in grades seven to 12 will be 3 p.m. Saturday at the Brookfield Library Branch. Get into the spooky spirit with a movie and snacks. Costumes are encouraged but not required.
Registration is required by calling 330-448-8134.
HERITAGE CLASS: An African-American Heritage Class will be held 3 p.m. Saturday at Warren-Trumbull County Public Library. Participants will learn to trace family history using traditional and digitized resources, including the Freedmen’s Bureau, the African-American Heritage database and the Unknown No Longer website.
Those taking the class should be familiar with navigating a computer using a mouse. Call 330-399-8807, Ext. 202, to register.
POLKA PARTY: Button box musician Ron Pivonar will host a polka party 10 a.m. Saturday at Kravitz’s Deli Meeting Room, 3135 Belmont Ave., Liberty, for the William Holmes McGuffey Historical Society.
All programs are open to the public. Member admission is $5 and nonmember, $6. Refreshments will be served and a raffle will be held to benefit the society’s education mission.
Instrumental music will be performed by Dolores DePietro.
Reservations are suggested. Walk-ins will be admitted based upon seat availability. To make reservations or for more information, contact Richard S. Scarsella, WHMHS chairman, at 330-726-8277.
HUBBARD POOL RACE: Registration is open for the Hubbard Pool 5K at 5 p.m. Saturday at Hubbard Community Pool, 200 Hall Ave. The event is open to runners and walkers and adults and children.
Entry registration is at www.gopherarun.com or call 330-272-9901.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren,
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren, promote aftercare following incarceration.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5 p.m., meeting at 5:30 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• TOPS 1497 — weigh-in 9:30 a.m., meeting at 10 a.m., Marronite Center, Meridian Road, Youngstown. 330-720-3795.
• Divorce / Death Aren’t Really the End (DARE) singles group — 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman Canfield Road. 330-729-0127.