GENEALOGY PROJECT: To celebrate October as Family History Month families can take part in creating your own family history art project 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Local History and Genealogy Center located on the second floor of the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library. Participants will create a colorful paper family tree art project and will receive five-generation charts and other genealogy materials. The free inter-generational project is for ages 13 and older. Space is limited; call 330-399-8807, Ext. 202, to sign up.
COOKBOOK CLUB: The Cookbook Club will meet 6 p.m. today at the Liberty Library Branch. Those who attend will select and make a recipe from a cookbook or magazine that fits with October’s theme of appetizers. No Internet recipes. Bring your dish to share along with a copy of your recipe. Registration is required; call 330-759-2589 to sign up and find out each month’s theme. For adults only.
OPEN HOUSE: Senior Corps and AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) are national service programs whose volunteers and members work every day to make the valley a better place. This year more than 700 national service volunteers impacted the lives of 2,000 people in the Valley, served 80,000 hours and saved partner schools and nonprofits more than $1.2 million dollars. The purpose of the National Service open house is to increase community awareness of the national service programs in Mahoning and Trumbull counties. Representatives from each program will be available to answer questions as attendees network with other attendees. There is no charge to attend.
They volunteer to eradicate poverty, to eliminate food insecurity, to brighten the minds of our youth and to provide companionship and support to our seniors.
The event is 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday in Warren SCOPE Center’s Community Room, 375 North Park Ave.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren,
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard, 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Codependency and Grief — 7 p.m., Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. For those who have lost loved ones to alcohol or drug abuse. Call 330-534-1952.
• American Legion Riders — 6:15 p.m., 700 (motorcycle club), Howland American Legion Post 700, 8273 High St. NE, Howland.
• Alzheimer Assistance and Referral Network Support Group — 6 p.m., Girard Public Library, 105 E. Prospect St., Girard.
• Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention — 9:30 a.m., Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board offices, 4076 Youngstown Road SE, No. 201, Warren.
• VFW Post 2662 — 6:30 p.m. at Bazetta Town Hall.
• Minute by Minute Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. closed discussion, First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren.
• Parents of Murdered Children — 6 p.m. Girard Municipal Building. 330-219-2438.
• Lighthouse Recovery and Support Group — 6 p.m. at Warren Revival Center, 4400 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. 330-898-4295.