Fire hose fun at open house
FIRE DEPARTMENT OPEN HOUSE: The Warren Fire Department will hold an open house noon to 3 p.m. Sunday at the central fire station, 111 South St. SW. The event will include fire hose activities for children, truck viewing, a STAT MedEvac helicopter, state fire investigator K9, Jaws of Life and auto extraction, Med Star ambulance showing, smoke trailer and other items.
HISTORICAL SOCIETY PROGRAM: The Cortland Bazetta Historical Society will meet 7 p.m. today at the Opera House in Cortland for a program with the Rev. Casey Chapman, pastor at Cortland Christian Church, who will discuss the history of the church in Cortland. Most of the men who started the church were leaders in the city’s settlement.
CRISIS INTERVENTION: The Trumbull Mental Health and Recovery Board will hold crisis-intervention team training 8 a.m. today in the Trumbull Metropolitan Building’s first-floor conference room and 8 a.m. Friday at the Packard Music Hall.
FLORAL PROGRAM: An educational program on Itoh peonies will be presented 10 a.m. to noon Oct. 17 at OSU Extension Trumbull County, 520 W. Main St., Cortland.
Guest speaker Barrie Kridler from Kridler Gardens of Homeworth will discuss Itoh peonies, an intentional mix of two plants. A fee is charged.
CHAMPION PLANS ALUMNI EVENT: Champion High School band alumni will have present a night of music and memories Oct. 18 at the homecoming game. The alumni will perform during the halftime and throughout the evening.
Practice will be Oct. 17. To sign up and receive information, call Christine at 330-766-546 or email hopefour firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLUB HOLDS CLINIC: Hubbard Conservation Club, 1760 Wick Campbell Road, will present a Muzzle Loader Clinic 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday. Call 330-240-5600.
YWCA FUNDRAISER: The YWCA Mahoning County is hosting the Y’s Women fundraiser 6 to 8 p.m. Oct. 17 a the YWCA Warren location. The event encourages the power of the purse and the impact women can have on a community’s economy.
The theme is “Female Trailblazers.” The women will focus on team-to-team and peer-to-peer fundraising using a table captain model. Awards will be given for best table theme and People’s Choice.
For information, call 330-746-6361, Ext. 109.
NIGHT AT RACES: The Alba Club will present a Night at the Races with doors opening at 6 p.m. and races starting at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Ali Baba Grotto Hall, 760 Perkins Jones Road, Bazetta. Proceeds from the event will help children with special needs.
For information, tickets or to sponsor a horse, call 330-219-2074 or 330-898-2970.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today? — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren, promote aftercare following incarceration.
• Messies Anonymous — 7 to 8:30 p.m., Unity Centre, 1226 Naylor Lloyd Road, Girard. Pam, 330-544-4846.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, email@example.com or www.namimv.org.
• NAMI Connection — 6 p.m., D&E Center, 142 Javit Court, Austintown. 330-531-7490, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.namimv.org.
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5 p.m., meeting at 5:30 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.