MASTER GARDENERS: The Trumbull County Master Gardeners will hold a decorate a pumpkin for the fall season using plants and flowers from your garden 6 p.m. Wednesday at The Ohio State University Trumbull County Extension, 520 W. Main St., Cortland. The program is free.
HISTORICAL SOCIETY POTLUCK: North Bloomfield Historical Society will hold a potluck harvest dinner 6 p.m. Wednesday in the historic town hall, 88330 Park Drive.
Following dinner, speaker Tom Rodgers, a Trumbull County local historian and researcher, will discuss Walnut Creek, a recreational development started in the late 1920s and done in by the Great Depression.
BIOLOGY DAY: Biology Day will be Friday at Youngstown State University at Ward Beecher Hall. There will be a seminar with YSU graduates talking about their experiences in science.
NIGHT AT THE RACES: The Alba Club is hosting a “Night at the Races” 7 p.m. Saturday at the Ali Baba Grotto Hall, 760 Perkins Jones Road, Bazetta. Each race has 10 horses and 10 races will be run.
Cost is $10 at the door and includes food and drink. Horses are an additional cost. Doors open at 6 p.m.
For tickets, to buy a horse, sponsor a race or for more information, call Lee Hanshaw at 330-219-2074 or Allen Briggs at 330-898-2970.
PURSE BINGO: The Girard FIRST Robotics Team and Lego League Team ill be hosting a designer purse bingo on Saturday at the Avon Oaks Ballroom and Banquet Center. Tickets are available from team boosters, or call Girard High School at 330-545-5431.
PLANETARIUM EVENT: The Ward Beecher Planetarium at Youngstown State University will hold the annual Halloween program 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday and Oct. 18, 19, 25 and 26. The event has been held since 1974. Those attending can come in costume. Young children may be scared of loud noise and music.
For information, call 330-941-3616.
• Purple Heart meeting — 7 p.m., Disabled American Veterans, 2044 Youngstown Road SE, Warren.
• Lupus Support Group — 6 p.m., Panera Bread, U.S. Route 422, Niles. Rhonda 330-978-3749.
• Mosquito Creek Woodcarvers — 7 p.m., Lake Vista Clubhouse, 303 N. Mecca St., Cortland. 330-442-9669.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard, 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Codependency and Grief — 7 p.m., Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Call 330-534-1952.
• Historic Perkins Homestead Neighborhood Association — 6:30 p.m., Kinsman House, 303 Mahoning Ave., Warren. 330-507-8831 or 330-392-0863.
• Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups — available free of charge, 7 p.m., the Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE. 800-272-3900.
• Ladies Auxiliary Unit 700 — 6:15 p.m. Howland American Legion Post 700, 8273 High St. NE, Howland.
• SOAR Chapter 28-4, American Welding Retirees Local 1574 — 10:30 a.m., United Steel Workers 1375 Union Hall, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Youngstown Area PFLAG support meeting — 6:30 p.m., St. John’s Episcopal Church, 323 Wick Ave., Youngstown. www.youngst ownpflag.org.