Ceremony set for Quinby Park
A DAY AT THE PARK: A Day at the Park will be held Friday at Quinby Park, 525 Austin Ave. SW, Warren, and will include a playground ribbon-cutting ceremony at 2:30 p.m. and Warren pop-up farmer’s market 3 to 6 p.m. The park playground was made possible with a grant from William Swanston Charitable Fund.
WARD THOMAS HOUSE: The Niles Historical Society will have its monthly open house 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday at the Ward Thomas House, 503 Brown St. Visitors will get a rare glimpse of the flower buds of the once-per-year, night-blooming Cereus plant. The saucer-sized white flowers and heady fragrance draw a crowd to its infrequent nocturnal display. The flower opens as night falls, then closes with the first rays of the morning sun.
WE GOT YOUR BACK: Mercy Health-Youngstown Spine Services will sponsor a “We’ve Got Your Back” program 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Holiday Inn-Boardman, 7410 South Ave., Boardman. Local experts will discuss how to keep your spine strong, healthy and pain free. Health information, vendors and appetizers will be available. Today is the deadline to register by emailing Mercy at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 888-987-6372.
COOKING CLUB: The Kidz Cooking Club will be 5:30 p.m today at the Liberty Library Branch, 415 Churchill Hubbard Road. Young cooks will follow Master Chef Miss Jill’s lead using their math, science and language skills to make a delicious creation. For ages 5 to 12. Registration is required by calling 330-759-2589.
KIDS PAINT: Beautiful Whirl’d, 141A W Market St., Warren, will hold a Star Wars Kids Paint 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211.
• Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• NAMI Family Support Group — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Girard Free Library, 330-584-9213.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren, promote aftercare following incarceration.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, namimv@ yahoo.com or www.namimv.org.
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5 p.m., meeting at 5:30 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• TOPS 1497 — weigh-in 9:30 a.m., meeting at 10 a.m., Marronite Center, Meridian Road, Youngstown. 330-720-3795.
• Hillside Stroke Support Group — 2:30 p.m. in the boardroom. Cindy, 330-841-3891.
• Divorce / Death Aren’t Really the End (DARE) singles group — 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman Canfield Road. 330-729-0127.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; submit it to the Virtual Newsroom at www.tribtoday. com; email news@tribtoday. com; or mail to or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.