BETA CHI MEET: The Beta Chi Chapter of Delta Kappa Gamma Society for Key Women Educators will meet on Thursday at the Vienna Methodist Church, located on Warren Sharon Road in Vienna. New member Darnelle Clark will be inducted at 5:30 p.m., followed by dinner at 6. Tim Schaffner of Children’s Services will speak to the group. Members are reminded to take items to this meeting for the November auction.
BIGFOOT WEEKEND: A family-friendly Bigfoot Weekend will be Thursday through Sunday at Mill Creek Park. Local investigator and educator Amy Bue will share her knowledge of how to conduct an investigation and how to collect evidence while sharing her own experience of a Bigfoot sighting. Weekend activities include night investigations 6 to 8 p.m. Friday for teens and adults with stories and s’mores around the campfire; children friendly stations 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday with their own investigation and campfire; and a “Bigfoot Fact or Fiction?” presentation; a program on sightings in Mahoning County 3 to 4:30 p.m. and sharing of stories from audience members. Space is limited. Call Fellows Riverside Gardens at 330-740-7116 to register, or go to www.mill creekmetroparks.org.
SALVATION ASSISTANCE: The Salvation Army Christmas Assistance signup dates are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 7-10 at The Salvation Army, 270 Franklin St. SE, Warren.
PURSE BINGO: Girard FIRST Robotics Team and Lego League Boosters will hold a purse bingo Oct. 12 at the Avon Oaks Ballroom. Tickets are $30 each. For more information, call Judy at 330-545-5431.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Network or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren.
• Tuesday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Tuesday Night Surrender — 7:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard, 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Codependency and Grief — 7 p.m., Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. For those who have lost loved ones to alcohol or drug abuse. Call 330-534-1952.
• Howland Schools Retirees — Enzo’s Restaurant in Warren. Call Mary Fuller for the time, at 330-856-5226.
• American Legion Post 700 — 6:15 p.m., Howland American Legion Post 700, 8273 High St. NE, Howland.