Event to support training for vets’ service animals
WALK TO HELP ANIMALS: New Life K9s will hold a 5K run and walk starting at 9 a.m. Sunday at Trumbull County Fairgrounds. The pet-filled day of fun event will include vendors, Chinese auction, 50-50 raffle and food trucks.
Money raised will support the training of service animals for veterans and will be used to help defray the costs to provide more support to veterans and service animals.
Register ahead at www.run4newlifek9.com for $25. Day-of-the-run cost is $30.
HUMAN TRAFFICKING SYMPOSIUM: A symposium on human trafficking will be held 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 25 in the Kilcawley Center at Youngstown State University. The event is a product among Mercy Health Foundation, YSU, the Salvation Army and Northeastern Coalition Against Human Trafficking.
The goal of the event is to bring together resources and individuals who may have any exposure to the victims of human trafficking. Areas of concentration are legislation / professionalism, law enforcement, medical, social work / psychological and prevention / education.
Tickets can be purchased at www.eventbrite.com or check the Facebook page for the Salvation Army Women’s Auxiliary. For information call 330-518-9573.
SOCIETY CALENDARS: The Niles Historical Society’s 2020 calendars are available for purchase for $10. The theme is “Old Niles Churches” and may be ordered by calling 330-652-8329. Shipping is available upon request.
The monthly open house of the Ward-Thomas House at 503 Brown St., will be 2 to 5 p.m. Nov. 3, with the last tour beginning at 4. The membership meeting will be 10 a.m. Nov. 2 in the Westenfield Room.
LIBRATORY EVENT: The Cortland Library Branch will hold Libratory at 1 p.m. today for children ages 5 to 12. The program was created for the homeschool community.
Activities are designed to promote collaboration, literacy and critical thinking. Registration is required by calling 330-638-6335.
WITCHES TEA: The Howland Historical Society is holding a Witches Halloween Tea. Settings are 11:30 a.m., 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Oct. 27 at the John Emmanuel Senior Center, 8273 High St.
The event is an elegant tea with a Halloween twist. Doors open 15 minutes before tea time. Reservations are required. Call Ruth Ann at 330-398-0667 for reservations.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Network or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• NAR-ANON — 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance — 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren, 12-step meeting. 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• Youngstown Area Tropical Fish Society — 7:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Mineral Ridge, 3654 Main St. Speakers offered. 330-638-4839 or www.yatfs.com.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
• The Happy Wanderers Senior Fellowship group — 11 a.m., Corner House Christian Church, 6954 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard. 330-534-4665.
• Produce Give-Away — 9:30 a.m., through September, The Warren Family Mission, 1312 W. Market St., Warren.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group — 4 p.m., The Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St., Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Parent Support Group — 11 a.m., Heart Reach Ministries, 211 Redondo Road, Youngstown. 330-330-2916.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery– 4 p.m., Sahara Club II D, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Here and Now — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 S. High St., Cortland.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 7 p.m. open discussion, Second Christian Church, 904 W. Market St., Warren.
• Vienna Grange 1537 — noon, Copper Penny Lodge Hall, Vienna.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; submit it to the Virtual Newsroom at www.tribtoday.com; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail to or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.