RIBBON CUTTING: Basement at Trumbull Homes will hold an open house noon to 7 p.m. Tuesday with a ribbon-cutting 12:30 p.m. at 1979 Hazelwood Ave. SE, Warren. Special guests include Deputy Director Tim Ramey from the governor’s faith-based initiative, Judge Carla Brown and Diane Sauer.
NEIGHBORHOOD MEET: The Northwest Neighborhood Association will meet 6:30 p.m. today at Grace United Methodist Church on Drexel NW, Warren. Trumbull County Sheriff Paul Monroe is the speaker this month.
SOCIETY MEETING: Hubbard Historical Society will meet 7 p.m. Thursday at Countryside at the Elmwood, 871 Elmwood Drive. Speaker is Avis Mathews who will share information on the renovations being done to the historic cemetery located next to the Cornerhouse Christian Church, Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard. The cemetery has markers from the early 1800s.
TOWN HALL: Town hall meeting with state Reps Gil Blair and Michael O’Brien will be 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the McKinley Memorial Library, 40 N. Main St. The event is free. Visit www.mcklib.org for more information.
LIBRARY SPEAKER: Trumbull County Genealogical Society will meet 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at the Thomas Meeting Room at Warren Trumbull County Public Library. Speaker is Tim Seman, geneology and local historian librarian with the Youngstown and Mahoning County Library. He will speak on copying and organizing ancestry information.
SHOOTER TRAINING: ALICE is Active Shooter Civilian Response Training for all organizations and has created a training program to maximize survival of visitors and staff. ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) provides preparation and a plan for individuals and organization on how to more proactively handle the threat of an aggressive intruder.
The Hubbard Police Department will offer the training 8 a.m. to noon Saturday in connection with Cornerhouse Christian Church, 6954 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard.
For more information, call 330-534-4665. The training is open to the public.
• Families Anonymous Warren — 6 p.m., CRN Healthcare Inc., 4087 Youngstown Road SE, Warren. 330-307-8182.
• A New Day Nar-Anon Family Group — 7 p.m., Congregational Church, 612 W. Broad St., Newton Falls. Teri, 330-646-4480, or Patty, 330-307-3002.
• Better Your Future Through Hope — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• First Things First — 6 p.m., literature discussion, Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis — 5 p.m., Real Deal Coffee Cafe.
• Someplace Safe — 1540 Tod Ave., Warren, 330-393-3005.
• Howland Rotary Club — noon, Shepherd of the Valley, North River Road.
• Youngstown Executive Toastmasters — 6:45 p.m., Shepherd of the Valley, 301 Western Reserve Road, Boardman. www.speaking club.org.
• Youngstown Toastmasters Executive 408 — 6:40 p.m., Adamas Square, 8131 Market St., Boardman.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield, eight-step Christian program. 330-599-2402.
• Monday Night Serenity Hall AA — 7:30 p.m., Badger Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 1353, Leavittsburg — weigh-in 6 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Community Church of Leavittsburg, 4640 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. 330-898-0357.
• TOPS Ohio 698, Girard — weigh-in 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway Ave., Girard. 330-545-4770 or 330-534-2618.
• Nothing to Fear — 10 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 4 Summit St., Niles.
• Monday Night Miracles — 7 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.