ANGELS NEEDED: Guardian Angels of Trumbull County, a volunteer program of the Trumbull County Probate Court, is looking for volunteers. Angel volunteers receive training to reach out as friends to seniors who may need a phone call or a visit in a nursing home. Angels are also involved in planning special events for seniors.
The next meeting is 5 p.m. today at Shepherd of the Valley, 4100 North River Road, Howland. For more information, call 330-675-2521 or go to www.trumbullprobate.org.
RALLY FOR RECOVERY: The Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention will hold the annual Rally For Recovery Walk 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Eastwood Field in Niles. The event will include a recovery walk, family games, lunch and information. For information or registration email to LThorp@TrumbullMHRB.org or call (330) 675-2765 ext. 119.
HOWLAND FOOD TRUCK: Howland Food Truck Friday will be 5 to 9 p.m. Friday in the parking lot near the Howland gazebo. Various food vendors will provide food. The Labra Brothers will be performing starting at 6 p.m. Bring lawn chairs for a night of food and music.
BUREAU TO MEET: Trumbull County Farm Bureau will hold its annual meeting Sept. 11 at Hartford Hill Winery, 3864 Bushnell Campbell Road, Fowler, Social is 6 p.m. followed by dinner at 6:30 p.m. The event will include an overview of 2019 accomplishments, setting policies for 2020 that affect agriculture and the community, election of board of trustees and delegates, and 2019 scholarship presentations. Keynote speaker is Mike Bailey, who is the state Farm Bureau vice president, strategic partnerships. For reservations, contact the office by today at 440-426-2195.
CANCER BENEFIT: A “Music for Mary” benefit will be held for Mary Giancola Pappas 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Kravitz Deli, 3135 Belmont Ave., Liberty. Pappas is a seven-time survivor of cancer and has been battling cancer for 30 years which has put a serious strain on the families’ resources for her treatments. Music by Larry Elfante and Friends. There will be 50-55 raffle. For information and tickets, call 330-519-6357.
DROP-OFF OFFERED: Household hazardous waste, electronics and appliance recycling drop-off will be held 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at the recycling facility, 5138 Enterprise Blvd, Warren. The facility is open through Oct. 31 for residents of Geauga and Trumbull counties only. No latex paint, no tires and no commercial waste is accepted and there is a limit of two televisions. Call 330- 675-2673 for more information. Household hazardous waste may also be collected 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each Wednesday through Oct. 31.
PROGRAM COMMITTEE: The Trumbull Mental Health and Recovery Board Addiction and Mental Health program committee will meet 4:30 p.m. today at the TMHA board conference room.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren,
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard, 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Codependency and Grief — 7 p.m., Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. For those who have lost loved ones to alcohol or drug abuse. Call 330-534-1952.
• Howland Schools Retirees — Enzo’s Restaurant in Warren. Call Mary Fuller for the time, at 330-856-5226.
• American Legion Post 700 — 6:15 p.m., Howland American Legion Post 700, 8273 High St. NE, Howland.
• Minute by Minute Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. closed discussion, First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren.
• Lighthouse Recovery and Support Group — 6 p.m. at Warren Revival Center, 4400 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. 330-898-4295.