Pouch promotes opioid disposal
DRUG DEACTIVATING BAGS: Bristol Public Library is offering free drug deactivating bags, beginning Tuesday as an effort to discourage opiate abuse and to offer an environmentally safe way to dispose of unused or old medications. Deterra drug deactivation bags are available while supplies last (one per household) at the library. The Deterra drug deactivation pouch works on pills, patches, liquids, creams and film in three steps. The pouch is made of environmentally sound materials and greatly reduces the amount of material left in landfills. The Bristol Public Library is working in collaboration with Ohio’s SafeRX Collaborative, Ohio Mental Health and Addiction Services and SAMHSA. Visit the library, 1855 Greenville Road, Bristolville, or contact the circulation desk at 330-889-3651.
MONTHLY OPEN HOUSE: The Niles Historical Society will hold its monthly open house of the Ward-Thomas House, 503 Brown St., 1 to 5 p.m. Sept. 8. The membership meeting will take place 10 a.m. Sept.7 in the Westenfield Room.
FARMERS MARKET: Newton Falls Farmers Market will be held 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the community center park, 25 Quarry St. The event will be held rain or shine. Crafts, produce, baked goods, and other items will be available. Call 330-872-0920.
HYDROPHOBIC OBSERVANCE: The OH!WOW The Roger and Gloria Jones Children’s Center in Youngstown will hold a Hydrophobic event from noon to 2 p.m. Saturday. Children will observe materials that repel water and how they affect the world we live in. Call 330-744-5914.
EDUCATION CLINIC: The Hubbard Conservation Club, 1760 Wick Campbell Ave., will hold a Hunter Education Clinic 6 to 9 p.m. Friday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Sign up at www.wildlifeo hionr.gov or call Fred at 330-501-7650.
•To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission supplemental bags of food and clothing — 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren,
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren, promote aftercare following incarceration.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5 p.m., meeting at 5:30 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• TOPS 1497 — weigh-in 9:30 a.m., meeting at 10 a.m., Marronite Center, Meridian Road, Youngstown. 330-720-3795.
• Divorce / Death Aren’t Really the End (DARE) singles group — 7:30 p.m. , Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman Canfield Road. 330-729-0127.