Love Charity Alms presents scholarships
WARREN — Graduating seniors have “an amazing opportunity of a lifetime” and they should seize that opportunity as they move forward with their lives attending college, according to Youngstown Municipal Court Judge Carla Baldwin.
Baldwin was the keynote speaker at the fourth annual Love Charity Alms Martha J. Hill scholarship banquet, which was held at Enzo’s Restaurant.
“This is an opportunity to go as far as you want to go. Dream as big as you want and seize the opportunity, since it may not come around again,” said Baldwin, who attended Capitol University on a scholarship 1999 to 2003.
Baldwin told the graduates to not let anyone tell them they can’t. It’s why she ran for judge at age 35.
“I had the dream and I trusted in God. God is not done with you whether you are 9 or 90,” she said.
Baldwin saidpeople experience speed bumps in life, but they should keep going and God will teach how to seize the opportunity.
“Honorees, you are awesome. Trust God and you will be able to see mission accomplished,” she said.
The 2019 LCA Martha J. Hill Scholarship recipients were:
• Jordan Nicole Ringold of Warren G. Harding High School, who will attendthe Dana School of Music at Youngstown State University;
• Alexander Marcus Hill of Niles McKinley High School, attending the University of Nevada;
• Danielle Latrice Bradley of John F. Kennedy High School, attending YSU;
• Sidney Marie Davis of Harding High School, attending Kent State University for journalism / communications;
• Athena Reed Anastadiadis of Lakeview High School, attending KSU for nursing.
Love Charity Alms is a nonprofit faith-based organization created in 2006. It was inspired from a family member having to go to multiple sources and people while going through a crisis.
Martha Hill founded and organized a group of members who have taken a stand to make a difference for family and friends in the community by giving, striving, and providing a resource of help, guidance and assistance during crisis situations.
LCA meets 5 p.m. the fourth Monday of each month at St. John Church of God in Christ, 419 Highland Ave., Warren.