Family fun day at Vienna show
TRACTOR CLUB EVENT: The 25th annual Antique Tractor Club of Trumbull County show and family fun days will be held 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 18 at the club grounds, Ridge Road, Vienna. The event will include a 50-50 raffle, Chinese auction, free wagon rides, bounce house, free kiddie tractor rides and a flea market. Free admission for military personnel. Admission is $5 per person and free to children under 12. For information, call Terry at 330-442-2430. Vendors, call 440-693-3687.
HISTORY OF HOUSE: The Trumbull County Geological Society will meet 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at the Thomas Meeting Room at the Warren Trumbull County Public Library. There will be a program on the Barnhisel House in Girard, which is maintained by the Girard Historical Society. Meetings are free to the public.
CATFISH TOURNAMENT: The Hubbard Conservation Club, 1760 Wick Campbell Road, Hubbard, will hold a catfish tournament 6:30 to 11:30 a.m. Aug. 18.
HISTORY TO GO: Mahoning Valley Historical Society will hold its History To Go Event Series with a Whiskey Rebellion-themed bus tour to Pittsburgh, 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Aug, 18. The customized event includes visits to the Senator John Heinz History Center, the Strip District, Wigle Distillery and Tasting Room, and Allegheny Cemetery. A chartered bus will transport guests throughout the day, departing and returning to Tyler History Center, 325 W. Federal St., Youngstown. MVHS Executive Director Bill Lawson and History To Go Team chairperson Frank Rulli will provide historical context around the Whiskey Rebellion. In addition to a tour of the facility, an optional whiskey tasting will be available for an additional fee of $10.
The final stop on this tour before returning to Youngstown will be a visit to nearby Allegheny Cemetery. Pre-register and pay by calling Linda Kostka at 330-743-2589. Seats are limited. The fee for this tour is $60 for both MVHS members and non-members, which includes the bus fare and admission costs to Heinz History Center and Wigle Distillery.
PASTOR RECOGNITION: Trinity Baptist Church, 235 Highland Ave., Warren, will be celebrating the eighth pastoral anniversary of the Rev. Darryl L. Rodgers Sr. 10 a.m. Aug. 18 with Bishop Leo Ferguson as guest speaker.
NATIVE PLANTS PROGRAM: Trumbull County Master Gardener series of “Wednesday In The Garden” will be held 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Trumbull Agriculture and Family Education Center, 520 W. Main St., Cortland. The event is free to the public. For information call 330-638-6783.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Network or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Sunday breakfast — 8:30 to 9 a.m., Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, served by Tod United Methodist Church. The mission serves meals daily at noon and 4 p.m.
• Write to Recover — 10 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Gamblers Anonymous 12-Step fellowship — 7:30 p.m. Christ Church Presbyterian Church, 3425 Hopkins Road, Cornersburg. 330-505-5060.
• Sunday Solutions — 2 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Keeping it Simple — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Regardless Of — 7 p.m., Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Ave., Warren.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330 856-3822.