19th Amendment to be celebrated Monday
EQUALITY DAY: Women’s Equality Day will be noon Monday at the Women’s Park off Mahoning Avenue, Warren. The event will celebrate the 19th Amendment and women’s equality. This year’s theme is “Visionary Women: Champions of Peace and Non-Violence.” The free program will feature the life of Ida B. Wells as portrayed by Jackie Shannon. A free reception will follow at the Harriet Taylor Upton House, 380 Mahoning Ave. NW.
GROWING HERBS: Growing and Cooking with Herbs will be 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Trumbull Agriculture and Education Center, 520 W. Main St., Cortland. The free event will include a program by the Trumbull County Master Gardener volunteers.
CENTER TO MARK ANNIVERSARY: Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, will celebrate its 10th anniversary 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday. There will be refreshments and displays.
BOOK CLUB: An open forum book club will be 11 a.m. Wednesday at the Warren SCOPE Center, 375 N. Park Ave. Warren. Participants are to bring any book of choice. A librarian will guide the discussion.
MEMORIAL BASH PLANNED: The second annual Ross Griffin Memorial Foundation Bash will be noon to 5 p.m. Sept. 8 at SLOAS Air Field, 4059 N. River Road, Howland. Online sales of raffle and admission tickets will close Sept. 1. The foundation exists to honor the legacy of friendship and love inspired by Ross Robert Griffin by prudently distributing its financial assets to selected high-school graduates from Trumbull and Mahoning counties plus Mercer County, Pa., to aid in their pursuit of a college degree from Ohio University and other local colleges. The raflle ticket is good for admission, but purchase of additional admission tickets can be made for $20. An admission ticket can be upgraded to a raffle ticket on the day of the event for an additional $80. Seating is available, but limited. Participants are encourage to bring their own seating for this outdoor event. There will be food and refreshments available for purchase from various vendors. Visit RossGriffinMemorialFoundation.com for more information.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Help Network at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Help Network or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Sunday breakfast — 8:30 to 9 a.m., Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, served by Tod United Methodist Church. The mission serves meals daily at noon and 4 p.m.
• Write to Recover — 10 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Gamblers Anonymous 12-Step fellowship — 7:30 p.m. Christ Church Presbyterian Church, 3425 Hopkins Road, Cornersburg. 330-505-5060.
• The Butts Family Museum in Fowler is open 1 to 4 p.m. June through October. For information or tours, call 330-507-9078 or 330-360-7796.
• Sunday Solutions — 2 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Keeping it Simple — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Regardless Of — 7 p.m., Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Ave., Warren.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330 856-3822.