NASA SOLAR SYSTEM: “Hands-On STEM with a NASA Solar System Ambassador” will be 2 p.m. today at the Brookfield Library Branch.
Explore rocket science in an interactive program with Michele Evans, a NASA solar system ambassador. The program is for children ages 5 to 12. Registration is required at the library.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Volunteers are needed to help remove flags from area cemeteries. Volunteers should meet 8:30 a.m. Friday at Pineview and 8:30 a.m. Saturday at Oakwood Cemetery.
For information, call Gary Gutelius at 330-898-7533.
FARMERS MARKET: Warren Farmers Market will be 3 to 6 p.m. Friday at Quinby Park. Children are encouraged to stop by the POP Club Tent on Courthouse Square and Quinby Park.
RIFLE CLINIC: Hubbard Conservation Club, 1760 Wick Campbell Road, Hubbard, will hold an indoor rifle clinic 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday.
Call 330-240-5600 for information.
GALAXY QUEST: The Howland Library Branch will hold “Galaxy Quest” 3 p.m. today. Participants can test their knowledge of galaxies near and far with a pub-style trivia event.
The game is for teens entering grades 7 to 12. Registration is required.
GENEAOLOGY BASICS: The Warren Trumbull County Public Library will hold a genealogy basics 6 p.m. today. This class includes a discussion of how to begin family history research as well as a tour of the Local History and Genealogy Center, focusing on the major print, microform and digital resources unique to research in Trumbull County.
Registration is required. Call 330-399-8807, Ext. 202, to sign up for classes at all locations.
STEM DAY: STEM Day will be 1 p.m. Thursday at Ramsay Pavilion as children learn about the environment and participate in hands-on experiments.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Cancer Caregiver Support Group Trumbull County — 6 to 8 p.m. St. Mary’s Church, 3504 Main St. (state Route46) Mineral Ridge. Joyce, 330-652-0071.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• Nar-Anon, 7 p.m. — First Presbyterian Church of Girard, 890 Churchill Hubbard Road, Girard. Cindy, 330-207-0845.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis Club — noon, Enzo’s, Elm Road, Warren.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — 9:20 a.m. weigh-in, 10 a.m. meeting, Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.
• Parkinson Support Group of Trumbull County — 1:30 p.m., Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road, Howland. 330-856-4286.
• Evening Connections support group — 6 to 7 p.m., Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-727-9268 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• PERI monthly meeting — 11:15 a.m., DiLucia’s Restaurant, 2610 Elm Road NE, Warren. 330-372-2603.
• Fourth Ward Girard Block Watch — 5 p.m. at the Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., Girard.