GIRARD FESTIVAL: The Girard Mt. Carmel Festival will begin Friday and run through July 16 at the Italian Fraternal Home grounds, 33 W. Wilson Ave., Girard. The event will include food, games, bingo and nightly entertainment. Bingo will be hosted by the Girard FIRST Robotics team. Musical entertainment includes Dominic Tocco, 8 to 11 p.m. Friday; The Rage, 8 to 11 p.m. Saturday; Girard Swing Time Band, 5 to 7 p.m. and Common Ground, 8 to 11 p.m. Sunday; Blue Collar Band, 5 to 7 p.m. July 15; and Summer Polka Masters, 5 to 7 p.m. and Blue Coat Band, 8 to 10:30 p.m. July 16.
On July 16, the parade will start at the IFH grounds at 10 a.m., marching to St. Rose Parish for a church service at 11 a.m. followed by a 1 p.m. ceremony at the cemetery. A fireworks display by Zambelli will begin at 11 p.m. July 16 near the Girard-McDonald viaduct.
GARAGE SALE: Alzheimer Network volunteers will hold their annual garage sale 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday at the Western Reserve United Methodist Church, 4580 Canfield Road (U.S. Route 62), Canfield.
The Alzheimer Network is a non-profit organization providing 12 free monthly family support groups in the area and numerous educational seminars for caregivers. For information on Alzheimer’s disease or additional information about the sale, call the Network information line at 330-788-9755.
LAWN CONCERT: McKinley Memorial Library’s lawn concert will feature the John Reese Project, 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursday, with jazz, oldies and Motown songs.
HAZARDOUS WASTE RECYCLING: A household hazardous waste, electronics and appliances recycling collection will be 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. each Wednesday until October at the dropoff facility, 5138 Enterprise Blvd. NW, Warren. Appliances and electronics can be dropped off 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The collection is for residents of Geauga and Trumbull counties only. No paint, no commercial waste nor tires can be included. There is a limit of two televisions. For information, call 330-675-2673.
SUMMER TRACK MEET: The Alliance for Substance Abuse Prevention is sponsoring the 2019 ASAP summer track meet 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Warren G. Harding track complex at 860 Elm Road NE, Warren. Children and families from Trumbull County and surrounding areas are encouraged to participate. There will be track and field events for children ages 4 to 18. Also featured will be games and activities for children and information for parents on how to provide a healthy, drug-free lifestyle. Track teams from McDonald High School and Harding High School are assisting with the meet. For information, call 330-675-2765, Ext. 111. Registration forms are available at www.trumbullmhrb.org.
• Families Anonymous Warren — 6 p.m., CRN Healthcare Inc., 4087 Youngstown Road SE, Warren. 330-307-8182.
• A New Day Nar-Anon Family Group — 7 p.m., Congregational Church, 612 W. Broad St., Newton Falls. Teri, 330-646-4480, or Patty, 330-307-3002.
• Better Your Future Through Hope — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• First Things First — 6 p.m., literature discussion, Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis — 5 p.m., Real Deal Coffee Cafe.
• Someplace Safe — 1540 Tod Ave., Warren, 330-393-3005.
• Howland Rotary Club — noon, Shepherd of the Valley, North River Road.
• Youngstown Executive Toastmasters — 6:45 p.m., Shepherd of the Valley, 301 Western Reserve Road, Boardman. www.speakingclub.org.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield, eight-step Christian program. 330-599-2402.
• Monday Night Serenity Hall AA — 7:30 p.m., Badger Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 1353, Leavittsburg — weigh-in 6 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Community Church of Leavittsburg, 4640 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. 330-898-0357.
• TOPS Ohio 698, Girard — weigh-in 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway Ave., Girard. 330-545-4770 or 330-534-2618.
• Nothing to Fear — 10 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, 4 Summit St., Niles.
• Monday Night Miracles — 7 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Hubbard HOW — 7:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 1815 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard.