Married couples mark milestones
YOUNGSTOWN — Blessed Sacrament Parish members Guido and Rosemary DelGarbino credit love and support for one another during their 67 years of marriage as they and 125 others from six counties were honored June 2 at the annual Diocese of Youngstown wedding anniversary Mass.
Bishop George V. Murry led the Mass that honored 126 couples who marked a total of 6,022 years of wedded life ranging from 25 to 75 years. The theme was “Faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these is love.”
Those with the most years of marriage included Chester and Sylvia Dimmerling, parishioners of St. Ann, Sebring, celebrating 75 years; J. Philip and Louise Miller of St. Joseph Calasanctius Parish, Jefferson, marking 70 years; and Anthony and Patricia Parish of St. Anthony Parish, Youngstown, celebrating 69 years of marriage.
Others honorees were 38 couples married 52 to 68 years; 42 couples married 50 years; 24 couples who are observing 40 years together; and 19 couples marking 25 years.
The celebration included renewal of marriage vows during Mass and a personalized certificate. A reception followed Mass with the honored couples posing for photos with Murry.
Those honored from Trumbull County:
• Blessed Sacrament Parish, Warren — Guido and Rosemary DelGarbino, 67 years; Frank and Patricia Karlovic, 50 years; and Rocco and Renee Maiorca, 40 years;
• Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, Niles — Steve and Janet Telego, 40 years;
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help, McDonald — Anton and Mary Jane Kos, 59 years; David and Evelyn Noble, 56 years; Alex and Marian Adams, 50 years;
• Queen of the Holy Rosary, Vienna — Ammie and Anita Maravelli, 65 years;
• St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, Warren — Richard and Barbara DeLost, 50 years; Delbert and Carolyn McElrath, 40 years;
• St. Mary, Warren — Charles and Rosemary Profera, 60 years;
• St. Patrick, Hubbard — Ralph and Annette Weidner, 60 years; George and Anne Schur, 53 years; Tom and Betsy Coffey, 40 years; Leonard and Teri Ray, 25 years;
• St. Robert Bellarmine, Cortland — Donald and Judith Shuttic, 40 years; Ronald and Genevieve Heineking, 60 years;
• St. Rose, Girard — Robert and Arlene Barnard, 62 years; Joseph and Roselyn Fabrizio, 40 years;
• St. William, Champion — Draper and E. Theresa Eltman, 55 years; John and Barbara Robinson, 50 years; William and Patricia Scanlon, 50 years; and Leon and Robin Walk, 25 years.