Drop off unused medicine at mall
OPERATION MEDICINE CABINET: Operation Empty Medicine Cabinet will be held 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Friday at the Eastwood Mall Sears merchandise pickup door.
Law enforcement officers from the Trumbull County Sheriff’s Office and the Trumbull Action Group Law Enforcement Task Force will collect and destroy unwanted or unused prescription medications. Participants can drive up and drop off the medications.
Medications accepted include pills, capsules, patches, gels, powders, ointments, syrups, vitamins, inhalers and pet meds. Keep drugs in original containers or in sealed plastic bags.
Medications not accepted are needles, syringes, lancets, thermometers, IV bags and aerosol cans.
For information, call 330-675-2765, Ext. 119.
CONCERT ON LAWN: Ohio Living Lake Vista, 303 N. Mecca St., Cortland, will hold a concert on the lawn 7 p.m. Wednesday featuring the Cortland Community Band. Refreshments will be available.
Call 330-638-2420 for information.
HISTORICAL HOUSE: Girard Barnhisel House, North State Street, Girard, will be open 1 to 4 p.m. the second and fourth Sundays of each month for tours of the restored 1840s house. The theme is “Music and Bands of Girard and the Western Reserve.”
Memorabilia in the house includes antique clocks, watches and other timepieces. For private tours or information, call 330-307-5388.
OPEN HOUSES: The Jewish Community Center Logan Campus, 3245 Logan Way, Liberty, offers exercise classes and swimming. Open houses will be held to preview some of the programs.
For information, call 330-759-1060 or 330-746-3250, Ext. 229.
GUEST SPEAKER: Jesus is the Way World Outreach Ministries, 29 W. Liberty St., Girard, will speak 7 p.m. nightly through Saturday and 2:15 p.m. Sunday.
Akers, who has been in ministry for 38 years, has held more than 200 revivals and taken 50 missionary trips overseas for crusades and pastor conferences.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Tuesday Night Surrender — 7:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard, 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Co-dependency and Grief for those who have lost loved ones to alcohol or drug abuse, 7 p.m. Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Call 330-534-1952.
• Niles McKinley High School Class of 1960 — 9:30 a.m., Scenna’s Restaurant.