Celebrate dads with free car show
ANTIQUE AUTO CLUB: Shenango Valley Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America will present its 37th annual free Father’s Day car show noon to 4 p.m. Sunday in downtown Sharon. Registration is 9 a.m. to noon. The event will be held rain or shine.
OPEN AIR MARKET: The Fowler General Store and Bakery is holding a free open air market 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. June 22. Local vendors will display some of the area’s talents and small businesses. The “old-fashioned” day of shopping small will have guests strolling the center green to browse a variety of unique local products.
GARAGE SALE: Mineral Ridge dance line members are holding a garage sale 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday and Friday, and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, next to Badurik Butcher Block on state Route 46 in Mineral Ridge. Proceeds will go toward costumes, props and a possible upcoming group trip. The team is also selling stadium cushions.
SUMMER CAMP: The Mahoning Valley Historical Society is offering a Summer Day Camp 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 24 to 28 at the Tyler History Center, Youngstown, on the history of radio and television broadcasting. Participants will learn about history of radio and television, tour local stations and studios, and hear from local media personalities and experts. Space is limited. Call 330-743-2589.
CHURCH HOSTS EVENT: Corner House Christian Church in Hubbard will hold an overnight event for children in grades kindergarten to fifth grade 6 p.m. Friday to 10:30 a.m. Saturday. The theme is “Racing Toward the Goal.” The free event will include dinner, games, lessons and activities.
TV TALES: Cleveland TV Tales with veteran radio / TV / print journalist Mike Olszewski will be 6:30 p.m. today at the Warren-Trumbull County Main Library. Revisit the early days of Cleveland as Olszewski shares fun and fact-filled stories. Along with his wife Janice, he is co-author of several books on Ohio history and popular culture, including “Cleveland TV Tales: Stories from the Golden Age of Local Television,” “Cleveland TV Tales II” and “Cleveland Radio Tales.” Copies of his books will be available for purchase and signing at the event.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cancer Caregiver Support Group Trumbull County — 6 to 8 p.m. St. Mary’s Church, 3504 Main St. (state Route 46) Mineral Ridge. Joyce, 330-652-0071.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Girard, 890 Churchill Hubbard Road, Girard. Cindy, 330-207-0845.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis Club — noon, Enzo’s, Elm Road, Warren.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — 9:20 a.m. weigh-in, 10 a.m. meeting, Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.
• Parkinson Support Group of Trumbull County — 1:30 p.m., Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road, Howland. 330-856-4286.
• Evening Connections support group — 6 to 7 p.m., Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-727-9268 or email email@example.com.
• PERI monthly meeting — 11:15 a.m., DiLucia’s Restaurant, 2610 Elm Road NE, Warren. 330-372-2603.
• Fourth Ward Girard Block Watch — 5 p.m. at the Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave.