Howland holds shredding event
RESIDENT BENEFIT: Howland will hold a Protect-N-Shred Day 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Bill Orwig Park gazebo parking lot off East Market Street. Residents may bring up to five large garbage bags of paper to be shredded. No office or commercial shredding. This is free for township residents.
WINGED JEWELS: With spring here so are the ruby-throated hummingbirds with a program 6 p.m. Saturday at the amphitheater at Mosquito Lake State Park, Bazetta. Following the program, make your own feeder. Feeder kits can be purchased at the camp store or park office for $5.
BEING PREPARED: A program on emergency preparedness will be 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Warren-Trumbull County Main Library. The program will use information and resources from the Trumbull County Emergency Management Agency.
COMMUNITY WORKDAY: Girard will hold a community workday 9 a.m. to noon Saturday at Stambaugh Park, Moser Road, Girard. Tools, supplies and lunch will be provided to all volunteers. RSVP to Lauren Johnson at 330-744-2131, Ext. 1216 or lauren@regionalchamber. com.
WEATHERMAN TO SPEAK: The Mahoning Valley Historical Society will hold its Bits and Bites of History program noon Thursday at the Tyler History Center, 325 W. Federal St., Youngstown. Guest speaker is retired WKBN weather broadcaster Rich Morgan, who will also take part in a question-and-answer and memories session. Attendees are to bring their own lunch or order at 330-744-9900. For information on the program, call 330-743-2589.
COMMITTEE TO MEET: The Senior Services Advisory Council will hold a Protective Services subcommittee meeting 2:30 p.m. with a mini grants and regular meeting 4:30 p.m. Thursday at the offices, 2931A Youngstown Road SE, Warren.
• Purple Heart meeting — 7 p.m., Disabled American Veterans, 2044 Youngstown Road SE, Warren.
• Lupus Support Group — 6 p.m., Panera Bread, U.S. Route 422, Niles. Rhonda Redd, 330-978-3749.
• Mosquito Creek Woodcarvers — 7 p.m., Lake Vista Clubhouse, 303 N. Mecca St., Cortland. 330-442-9669.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Tuesday Night Surrender — 7:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard, 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Codependency and Grief for those who have lost loved ones to alcohol or drug abuse, 7 p.m. Care Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Call 330-534-1952.
• Mahoning Valley Olde Car Club’s ‘Tuesday Cruise Nite’, 5 to 8 p.m. Austintown Senior Center, 112 Westchester Drive, off Mahoning Avenue, Austintown. $3 registration.
• Historic Perkins Homestead Neighborhood Association — 6:30 p.m., Kinsman House, 303 Mahoning Ave., Warren. 330-507-8831 or 330-392-0863.