National Day of Prayer events
Several National Day of Prayer events are set locally for Thursday:
• PRAYER BREAKFAST: The Trumbull County Prayer Movement will hold the 68th annual National Day of Prayer 7 a.m. Thursday at the Jericho Center, 2878 Warren-Meadville Road. The event will include prayers for the nation and also praise to God. Guest speaker is Dr. Lance Grahn, dean at Kent State University at Trumbull. Music will be provided by Tia Ciferno. The program will include buffet breakfast at 7 a.m. followed by the program at 7:30 a.m. Doors open at 6:45 a.m.
Individual tickets for the morning event are $12 donation per person. Tickets are available at the Tribune Chronicle, 240 Franklin St. SE, or by phone at 330-841-1696.
• EVENING EVENT: A free event will be 6:30 p.m., Thursday, at Packard Park Shelter House, 1703 Mahoning Ave., Warren. Refreshments will be served at 6 p.m. Markus McFolling, an athlete and motivational speaker, will share a message. No tickets are needed.
• CHRISTIANS IN ACTION: Noon Thursday event by Hubbard Christians in Action, at Hubbard City Administration Building. The public is invited.
• PRAYER FOR OUR POLICE: 12:15 p.m., Thursday, at the following police stations: Bazetta Township Police, City of Cortland Police, Fowler Township Police, Liberty Township Police, Vienna Township Police, Niles City Police, Weathersfield Township Police, Hubbard Township Police, Lordstown Police. Public is encouraged to attend.
• MATHEWS HIGH SCHOOL: 7 p.m. Thursday National Day of Prayer event for Fowler / Vienna at Mathews High School, area churches uniting in prayer. Singing provided by Victory Christian School. Guest Speaker is Chaplain Tom of the Trumbull County Jail. Refreshments will be provided. Public invited.
• NEWTON FALLS: First Baptist Church, 2640 S. Canal St., Newton Falls, celebration, 6 p.m. Thursday with a community-wide prayer service.The sanctuary will be open 3 to 6 p.m. for personal prayer and fellowship with deacons, followed by the community-wide service with time of praise, prayer and scripture readings.