High school art display to open
STUDENT ART SHOW: The annual Trumbull County Educational Service Center High School Art Show will open Thursday with show dates Thursday to Sunday and April 10 at the Butler Institute of American Art Trumbull Branch, 9350 E. Market St., Howland. This year, 148 works were submitted by 112 students from 15 participating school districts. Show times are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. A closing reception is scheduled for 5 to 7 p.m. April 10, with an awards ceremony at 6 p.m. For information, contact Dr. William Young, art show coordinator, at 330-505-2800, Ext. 151, or william.young@trumbullesc. org.
ROBOTICS FUNDRAISER: Girard High School FIRST Robotics has qualified for world championships in late April in Detroit. The team will hold a fundraiser 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the Girard IFH Club. The team competed at the Greater Pittsburgh Regional, the Wolstein Center in Cleveland and the Palmetto Regional in Mrytle Beach.
PANTRY DISTRIBUTION: The Liberty Community Pantry will hold distribution 10 am. to noon Friday at Churchill United Methodist Church. The pantry serves residents in Liberty and families of students who attend the Liberty school system. Identification is required. Call 330-759-0118.
SPRING GALA: St. Vincent de Paul Society Mahoning County District will sponsor a Spring Gala benefit Friday at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel social hall, 343 Mount Carmel Ave., Youngstown. There will be a DJ, basket raffle and dinner. Proceeds from the event will provide funds to purchase food for the pantry in the basement of SS. Cyril and Methodius Church. The society also operates a thrift shop.
BENEFIT AUCTION: Pleasant Valley Church, 2053 Pleasant Valley Road, Liberty, will hold a benefit auction starting 4:30 p.m. Friday with silent auction 4:30 p.m. and live auction 6:30 p.m. A dinner requires reservations by calling 330-539-9827.
SENIOR PRODUCTION: The Trumbull Senior Production Company will present “Our Greatest Show” at 7 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at Champion High School. Tickets ate available at the door and from cast members for $12 each. For more information, call 330-881-4076.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• MVI HospiceCare Bereavement Support Group — 1 to 3 p.m., Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administrative Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road, Youngstown. Lisa Altman, social worker, 330-759-9487.
• Ohio Star Quilters — 9 a.m., the first, third and fourth Wednesdays of the month, Howland SCOPE Senior Center in Howland. Sandy O’Malley, 330-898-3151.
• Nar-Anon, 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Girard, 890 Churchill Hubbard Road, Girard. Cindy, 330-207-0845.
• Champion Knights of Columbus Council 7491 — 7 p.m., St. William Rectory Office, 5431 Mahoning Ave., Champion.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — 9:20 a.m. weigh-in, 10 a.m. meeting, Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.