BUTLER EVENT: The Reading and Other Forms of Art program will be held 2 p.m. Saturday at the Butler Trumbull Branch, 9350 E. Market St., Howland.
The library and the Butler Institute of American Art offer a blend of art and books during this interactive family program. A children’s librarian shares stories, and an art educator from the Butler presents a companion craft.
The program is for children ages 5 to 10 with an accompanying adult.
FOUNDERS DAY: The Youngstown Alumnae Chapter of the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority will hold its Founders Day 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at the DeBartolo Stadium Club, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown. Beverly E. Smith of Atlanta, national president, will be the special guest. Youngstown Mayor Tito Brown and other local dignitaries are scheduled to attend.
The event had been rescheduled due to extreme cold weather on the original date.
SCHOOL HONOR: Hubbard Elementary School has received the Momentum Award from the Ohio State Board of Education for the second year in a row.
The award recognizes schools for exceeding expectations in student growth for the year. Schools must earn straight As on all Value-Added measures on their report card. The school or district must have at least two Value-Added subgroups of students, which includes gifted, lowest 20 percent in achievement and students with disabilities.
CELEBRATING PI DAY: Lordstown Elementary Schools will celebrate Pi Day (3.14) 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the school, 1776 Salt Springs Road.
There will be games and activities for parents and students, including adding / subtracting fractions bowling, multiplying fractions relay races, dividing decimals basketball and decimals scavenger hunt.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Cancer Caregiver Support Group Trumbull County — 6 to 8 p.m. St. Mary’s Church, 3504 Main St. (state Route46) Mineral Ridge. Joyce, 330-652-0071.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• Nar-Anon, 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Girard, 890 Churchill Hubbard Road, Girard. Cindy, 330-207-0845.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis Club — noon, Enzo’s, Elm Road, Warren.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — 9:20 a.m. weigh-in, 10 a.m. meeting, Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.
• Parkinson Support Group of Trumbull County — 1:30 p.m., Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road, Howland. 330-856-4286.