Dairy Queen to raise money for local hospital
CHILDREN’S MIRACLE NETWORK: Dairy Queen locations throughout the Mahoning Valley will offer guests a free small cone to celebrate the first day of spring today along with raising awareness and money for local Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Proceeds will benefit Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley in Boardman.
In 2018, local DQ locations raised more than $25,000 through year-round fundraising for Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley.
URBAN AGRICULTURE: The 2019 GROWing Garden Leadership and Urban Agriculture Conference scheduled for Friday and Saturday will cover how to start and maintain a community garden project.
It is open to all home gardeners, community garden leaders, community garden members, Master Gardeners, urban farmers and anyone else interested in urban agriculture.
Call Cassandra at 330-774-8896 or email her at Cassan firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Participants can register for the day of their choice or they can register for both.
Attendees will be gifted a free bag of seeds to use at their home or community garden.
BLOCKWATCH TO MEET: Girard second and third wards blockwatch will be held 6 p.m. Thursday at the Girard Free Library community room.
GROCERY DISTRIBUTION: Deliverance Temple Church, 1849 West Ave., Warren, in conjunction with Youngstown Community Food Center Inc. Gleaners Food Bank, will hold a grocery distribution 1:30 p.m. today at the church. Those needing items are asked to bring a state-issued photo identification and utility bill.
SPRING BULBS: The Trumbull Soil and Water Conservation District spring bulb sale is being held through March 29. Bulb pickup is 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. April 16 at Trumbull County Fairground’s Flower Barn, 899 Everett Hull Road, Bazetta.
Send orders and payment to Trumbull SWCD, 520 W. Main St., Suite 3, Cortland, Ohio 44410.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• MVI HospiceCare Bereavement Support Group — 1 to 3 p.m. third Wednesday of every month, First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave NW, Warren. Lisa Altman, social worker, 330-759-9487.
• Brookfield Historical Society — 9 a.m., township hall. 330-448-6828.
• Ohio Star Quilters — 9 a.m., the first, third and fourth Wednesdays of the month, Howland SCOPE Senior Center in Howland. Sandy O’Malley, 330-898-3151.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Girard, 890 Churchill Hubbard Road, Girard. Cindy, 330-207-0845.
• Champion Knights of Columbus Council 7491 — 7 p.m., St. William Rectory Office, 5431 Mahoning Ave., Champion.
• McDonald Community Chest — 7 p.m. McDonald Community Room, post office building, 500 Ohio Ave., McDonald.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Alzheimer’s Family Support Group — 10 a.m., Easter Seal Day Center, 155 S. Park Ave., Warren. 330-533-3300 or 800-441-3322.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• United Steelworkers of America Republic Steel, LTV and WCI retirees Local 1375 — 2 p.m., 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — 9:20 a.m. weigh-in, 10 a.m. meeting, Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.
• Niles Class of 1951 — 11:30 a.m., Scenna’s Family Restaurant.