County historical society holds ceremony
EDUCATION CENTER: The Trumbull County Historical Society, along with the Port Authority and the Warren mayor’s office, will hold a signing ceremony to transfer 328 Mahoning Ave., Warren, to the historical society to be used as a cultural and education center. The ceremony will take place 4 p.m. Thursday on the front porch of the 1894 home.
FOOD DRIVE: Menards Home Improvement store is serving as a drop site for a local food pantry through March.
CRAFT SHOW: Badger Fine and Performing Arts Boosters is hosting its third annual spring craft show 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. More than 100 vendors, a Chinese auction, craft classes and concessions planned. Free admission.
NIGHT AT RACES: The Girard FIRST Robotics Teams will hold a Night at the Races 7 p.m. Saturday at Knights of Columbus Hall on State Street. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. For information, call Judy at 330-545-5431.
READING EVENT: Read Across America is Thursday at Girard Intermediate School when guest readers read to fifth- to sixth-grade classes. There will be a celebration of the birthday of Dr. Seuss at Prospect Elementary as Girard High School students read to elementary students.
TEEN SCENE: McKinley Memorial Library in Niles will hold Teen Scene 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. Thursdays, March 14 to April 25. There will be a different activity each week. March 14 and April 11 is anime, March 21 and April 18 is crafting and games and March 28 and April 25 is movie and television shows.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m., Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m., USW 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m., Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m., Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m., New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• MVI HospiceCare Bereavement Support Group — 1 to 3 p.m., Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administrative Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road, Youngstown. Lisa Altman, social worker, 330-759-9487.
• Prostate Cancer group — 7 to 8:30 p.m., Radiation Oncology Center at Trumbull Regional Medical Center (TMH), 1353 E. Market St.(rear of building). Facilitator is Jack Norton, RN, OCN.
• Ohio Star Quilters — 9 a.m., the first, third and fourth Wednesdays of the month, Howland SCOPE Senior Center in Howland. Sandy O’Malley, 330-898-3151.
• Nar-Anon, 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Girard, 890 Churchill Hubbard Road, Girard. Cindy, 330-207-0845.
• Champion Knights of Columbus Council 7491 — 7 p.m., St. William Rectory Office, 5431 Mahoning Ave., Champion.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m., 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — 9:20 a.m. weigh-in, 10 a.m. meeting, Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m., Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.