JUNIOR ACHIEVEMENT EVENT: Junior Achievement of Mahoning Valley will kick off its 2019 Bowl-A-Thon season 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday at Wedgewood Lanes, 1741 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Junior Achievement and jazz are both celebrating 100 years, so this year’s theme is “All that Jazz.” The event will feature 50-50 raffles, prize drawings and team photo opportunities. Proceeds from the JA Bowl-A-Thon help Junior Achievement of Mahoning Valley provide financial literacy, work readiness and entrepreneurial programs to almost 14,000 local students. Thirty teams from Chemical Bank, FirstEnergy, HBK CPAs & Consultants, Giant Eagle, IGS Energy, Mahoning Valley Economic Development Corporation and Team Office Technologies will be participating Saturday, but there is still time to register teams for the next event on May 7 at Camelot Lanes in Boardman.
The cost to participate is $50 per bowler and includes three games, shoes and an event t-shirt. Participants can also raise money by selling $10 raffle tickets with donations from local businesses. Raffle drawing will be held June 1, 2019.
SOCK COLLECTION: Kids in Motion at the Girard United Methodist Church is collecting socks during February to benefit the Emmanuel Community Care Center in Girard. For each pair of socks collected, families will receive a ticket for a drawing for a $50 Target gift card. Donations should be brought to the church.
BIKE EVENT MEETING: The Bike to Work committee is planning the eighth annual Bike to Work event in May. A planning meeting will be 9 to 10 a.m. Tuesday at Trumbull County Combined Health District offices, 176 Chestnut Ave. NE, Warren.
SCARF CRAFT: Howland Library Branch will host a Pom Pom Scarf Craft program 2 p.m. Saturday for people ages 16 and older. Participants will use a variety of different colors and textures to piece together their own pom pom scarf. All supplies will be provided. Registration is required by calling 330-856-2011. Class size is limited.
• NAR-ANON — 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Life Support- 7 p.m., Maranatha Church, 2570 Elm Road Ext., Cortland, Christian support group for recovering addicts, alcoholics, and their families.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Grief Share — recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance — 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren, 12-step meeting. 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.