The fifth annual Santa’s Workshop
HOLIDAY EVENT: The fifth annual Santa’s workshop will be 5 to 8 p.m. Saturday at the Brookfield Township gazebo and Brookfield United Methodist Church. Santa Claus will arrive by fire truck at 5 p.m. There will be photos with Santa at the church, crafts and holiday storytelling.
NEIGHBORHOOD MEETING: The Northwest Neighborhood Association will meet 6:30 p.m. Monday at Grace United Methodist Church, Drexel Avenue NW, Warren. Guest speaker is Warren City Mayor Doug Franklin.
FALL PREVENTION: The Girard Multigenerational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave. is presenting “A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns about Falls” program at 2:30 p.m. Dec. 10, 13, 17, 20, 27 and 31. This is a free program. A Matter of Balance is designed to manage falls and increase activity levels. Materials and snacks will be provided and registration is required. Seating is limited. Call 330-545-6596 to register.
SENSITIVE TIME WITH SANTA: The sixth annual sensory sensitive photo opportunity with Santa Claus will be 9 to 11 a.m. Dec. 9 at the Eastwood Mall in Niles. The event is hosted by Autism Society of the Mahoning Valley. The event, which has been held annually since 2008, is designed for children and young adults with autism.
KOLACHI ORDERS: Holy Trinity Academy and Preschool is taking pre-orders for walnut, apricot and poppy seed kolachi and decorated containers of baklava. Orders are being accepted until Thursday by calling 330-399-7642. Checks should be made payable to Holy Trinity OCA. Pickup is 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at St. Nicholas Orthodox Church on North Road in Warren.
ADOPTION FOR PETS: The Mosquito Lake Dog Park Friends along with The Voices Of The Trumbull Pound Dogs, are hosting an Adoption and Wellness Fair 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Niles Wellness Center, 213 Sharkey Drive, Niles.
The theme for this event is called “All I want for Christmas is my Furever home.” This event has two purposes, the first purpose is to get as many dogs we can get adopted from the Trumbull County Pound for Christmas and the second purpose is to raise money to buy medicine and other items these dogs need while at the pound.
There will be more than 20 vendors who will have a large variety of items for dogs. There will be a basket raffle and a 50-50 drawing to raise money for The Voices Of The Trumbull Pound Dogs to provide care for the dogs in the Trumbull County Pound. Linda Yost from Pets are People Too will speak on dog foods and nutrition, and Jenny Falvey will speak on fear-free vets visits. Jason Cook will speak on heartworm and the Animal Welfare League will speak on what to do before and after you adopt a pet.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• AMVETS 106 — 2 p.m., post house, 1243 N. Main St., Niles.
• Sunday breakfast — 8:30 to 9 a.m., Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, served by Tod United Methodist Church. The mission serves meals daily at noon and 4 p.m.
• Write to Recover — 10 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Gamblers Anonymous 12-Step fellowship — 7:30 p.m. Christ Church Presbyterian Church, 3425 Hopkins Road, Cornersburg. 330-505-5060.
• Sunday Solutions — 2 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Keeping it Simple — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Regardless Of — 7 p.m., Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Ave., Warren.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330 856-3822.