BIKE EVENT PLANNED: The Trumbull County Creating Healthy Communities Coalition is hosting a bike audit workshop 3 to 5 p.m. Tuesday at the Trumbull County Combined Health District, 176 Chestnut Ave. NE, Warren.
The goal of the event is to make Warren a safer community for bicyclists by addressing safety on streets and proper infrastructure. Residents, local leaders, transportation officials and others will survey and rate nearby streets, discuss findings and follow through to help people of all ages in Warren get where they need and want to go.
Bikers of all skill levels are encouraged to participate. Participants should bring their own bikes and wear appropriate attire for weather conditions that day.
Results of the survey will be shared with elected officials, policy makers, municipal planners and others. For information visit www.facebook.com/events/590088161374837/
FESTIVAL PLANNED: St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church, 2220 Reeves Road, Warren, will host its second annual St. John’s Fest 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sept. 29. The event will include ethnic foods, a bake sale, live entertainment, Orthodox vendors, church tours, and games for children.
For information, visit www.stjohnswarren.com or call 330-372-3895.
CHECK RECEIVED: Giant Eagle presented a $46,000 check to Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley from the eighth annual register campaign.
Fourteen area Giant Eagle stores participated over a four-week period by asking customers to donate a dollar or more to Akron Children’s Hospital at checkout. The money will be used to benefit the Akron Children’s Hospital Mahoning Valley Center in Boardman for childhood cancer and blood disorders.
Overall, Giant Eagle stores’ total contribution to Akron Children’s Hospital was more than $130,000 this year.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Sunday breakfast — 8:30 to 9 a.m., Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, served by Tod United Methodist Church. The mission serves meals daily at noon and 4 p.m.
• Write to Recover — 10 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Gamblers Anonymous 12-Step fellowship — 7:30 p.m. Christ Church Presbyterian Church, 3425 Hopkins Road, Cornersburg. 330-505-5060.
• The Butts FAmily Museum, Fowler — 1 to 4 p.m. Sundays June through October. 330-507-9078 or 330-360-7796.
• Sunday Solutions — 2 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Keeping it Simple — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Regardless Of — 7 p.m., Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Ave., Warren.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330 856-3822.