Visit the tropics during program
MOVIE MANIA EVENT: Taking a break from winter as the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library, 444 Mahoning Ave., Warren, will hold Movie Mania 5:30 p.m. Wednesday. The free event is a tropical-themed interactive movie program. There will be activities for children in grades K-Grade 6 to play along to a movie. Registration is required at 330-399-8807 ext. 206.
SOCIETY SELLS CALENDARS: Niles Historical Society will sell calendars featuring pictures of recreation in Niles in the past such as Waddell Park, McKinley Theater. Cost is $10. Centennial ornaments are $20. Items will be available at the the Ward Thomas House.
HOLIDAY DISPLAY: A holiday tree display will be shown through Sunday at the National Packard Museum, 1899 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren. Trees decorated by local non-profits and service agencies will be on display. Visitors to the museum can vote for the “most festive” tree. Hours are noon to 5 p.m. today to Saturday and 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday. Visit www.PackardMuseum.org
GOODWILL DONATIONS: Individuals looking to get rid of those holiday gifts that didn’t fit quite right, aren’t really your style or you simply don’t need, can donate to Goodwill. Items that the community donates to Goodwill are sold in the eight area Goodwill stores in Austintown, Boardman, Calcutta, Hermitage, Liberty, New Castle, Salem and Warren. The revenue generated by the sale of merchandise in the stores is used to fund Goodwill’s job training and employment programs for people with disabilities and other barriers to employment in the community. The Internal Revenue Service allows a deduction for donated items, but the donor determines each item’s value. Goodwill provides receipts to donors at its donation centers, although donation attendants are not able to put a monetary value on donation receipts. For general guidelines, visit www.goodwill.org or www.irs.gov or call 330-759-7921.Local sites include Austintown Plaza, 6000 Mahoning Ave., 330-792-8830; 2747 Belmont Avenue, Liberty 330-759-0677; and Warren Plaza, 2083 Elm Road, 330-372-1214
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Tuesday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Attitude of Gratitude — 12:30 p.m., Beatitude House, 1370 Tod Ave., Warren.
• Women in Progress — 7 p.m., Serenity Place, 21 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Tuesday Night Surrender — 7:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Nicotine Anonymous — 5:30 p.m., St. Joseph Warren Hospital Warren Room, 627 Eastland Ave. SE, Warren.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m., Fowler Community Church, 4651 state Route 305, Fowler, 12-step faith-based program. 330-550-3393.
• Smalltown Recovery Al-Anon Family Group — 6:30 to 8 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• TOPS Ohio 1694, Champion — weigh-in 5:15 p.m., meeting 6 p.m., St. John Lutheran Church, 5734 Mahoning Ave. NW, Champion. Call 330-502-8483.
• Kickin’ It In Kinsman, a Narcotics Anonymous meeting — 7 p.m., Kinsman Presbyterian Church, 6383 Church St., Kinsman.
• Girard-Liberty Rotary — 6 p.m., Amen Corner, 21 W. Main St., Girard, 330-539-5837 or 330-545-5694.
• Girard-Liberty Kiwanis Club — 6:30 p.m., Golf Dome, 1300 N. State St., 330-545-1338.
• Stephen Foster Chorus — singing group for men, 7 p.m., Warren SCOPE Center, 220 W. Market St., Warren. 330-652-5739.
• Food Addicts Anonymous — 7 p.m., Grace Lutheran Church, 162 S. Raccoon Road, Austintown. Call 330-793-1599.
• Al-Anon — 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, 9 a.m. beginner’s meeting.
• Urban 4-H — 5:30 pm., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• TOPS OHIO 1374 — weigh-in 8:45 a.m., First Church of God, 426 W. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• TOPS OHIO 1165 — weigh-in 8:30 a.m., meeting 9 a.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1060 — weigh-in 6 p.m., meet at 6:30 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Champion Rotary Club — noon, Wayside Inn.
• Codependency and Grief for those who have lost loved ones to alcohol or drug abuse, 7 p.mCare Center of the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Call 330-534-1952.
• Minute-by-Minute Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. closed discussion, First Presbyterian Church of Warren, 256 Mahoning Ave., Warren.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; submit it to the Virtual Newsroom at www.tribtoday.com; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or mail to or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.