Shoe donations help around world
COLLECTION: Signature Healthcare has launched a drive to collect 100 pairs of shoes to help those less fortunate around the globe. Used and new shoes can be dropped off until Friday at Signature’s facility, 2473 North Road NE, Warren, in the box in the front hallway. The shoes that Signature collects will be delivered to Soles4Souls, a nonprofit social enterprise that creates sustainable jobs and provides relief through the distribution of shoes and clothing around the world. For information, contact Mark Mills at 330-372-2251 or email@example.com.
GROCERY DISTRIBUTION: Deliverance Temple Church, 1849 West Ave. NW, Warren, in conjunction with Youngstown Community Food Center Inc., is holding its grocery items distribution 2 p.m. today at the church. Bring state issued photo ID and utility bill. The pastor is Elder James Jethroe.
SCHOOL SUPPLIES DRIVE: United Way wants to be sure students return from the holidays ready to learn. For this reason, United Way is holding its annual second semester school supply drive until Jan. 8. School supplies can be both purchased and donated in collection bins found throughout several Dollar General stores in Trumbull County.
For a complete list of participating Dollar General stores, visit the United Way website at www.unitedwaytrumbull.org. Monetary donations can also be made by mailing a check or money order to United Way of Trumbull County, c/o School Supplies, 3601 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, OH 44484.
TRAINS IN TOWN HALL: A holiday exhibit ”Trains in the Town Hall” featuring a variety of trains will be on display throughout December in the North Bloomfield town hall, 8830 Park Drive. The display will be lit and the trains will be running 5 to 8 p.m. today and Dec. 27 and 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday and Dec. 20. The event is presented by the North Bloomfield Historical Society. Admission is free.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Cortland Community Band — 7 p.m. Cortland Middle School, Wakefield Drive. Visit CortlandCommunityBand.org or call Pat at 330-652-2424. No auditions needed.
• Higher Education Assistance — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University — 6:30 p.m. Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• TOPS 1429 — weigh-in 9 a.m., meeting 9:30 a.m. First Presbyterian Church, Hubbard.
• Wednesday Morning Recovery, Narcotics Anonymous — closed discussion 10 a.m. USW, 1375 Union Hall, Room 7, 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Willingness Group — 10:30 a.m. Salvation Army, 1501 Glenwood Ave., Youngstown.
• Wednesday Here and Now — 6 p.m. Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Champion Group — 6:30 p.m. Church of the Nazarene, 3924 High St. NW, Champion.
• It Works: How and Why — 7:30 p.m. Shrine of Our Lady, 517 S. Belle Vista Ave., Youngstown.
• Families Anonymous Warren — newcomers 6:45 p.m., meeting 7 p.m. Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 160 Clifton Drive, Warren. Call 330-307-8182.
• Niles Al-Anon — 8 p.m. New Hope United Methodist Church, 21 Fairview Ave., Niles.
• MVI HospiceCare Bereavement Support Group — 1 to 3 p.m. First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren. Call Lisa Altman, social worker, 330-759-9487.
• Brookfield Historical Society — 9 a.m. township hall. Call 330-448-6828.
• Ohio Star Quilters — 9 a.m. Howland SCOPE Senior Center in Howland. Call Sandy O’Malley, 330-898-3151.
• Austintown Never Alone Nar-Anon Group — 7 p.m. Neil Kennedy Recovery Clinic, 5211 Mahoning Ave., Austintown, a 12-step program for relatives and friends affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Call 330 207-0845.
• Champion Knights of Columbus Council 7491 — 7 p.m. St. William Rectory Office, 5431 Mahoning Ave., Champion.
• McDonald Community Chest — 7 p.m. McDonald Community Room, post office building, 500 Ohio Ave., McDonald.
• God Walked In — 5 p.m. 5 Memorial Drive, Greenville, Pa.
• Alzheimer’s Family Support Group –10 a.m. Easter Seal Day Center, 155 S. Park Ave., Warren. Call 330-533-3300 or 800-441-3322.
•∫ Warren Rotary Club — noon, Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE.
• United Steelworkers of America Republic Steel, LTV and WCI retirees Local 1375 — 2 p.m. 684 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• TOPS 1350, Cortland — weigh-in 9:15 a.m. Bazetta Township Hall, 3372 state Route 5, Bazetta.
• TOPS 1859 — 5:30 p.m. for weigh-in and meeting 6 p.m. Champion Christian Church, 151 Center St., Champion.
• Niles Class of 1951 — 11:30 a.m. Scenna’s Family Restaurant.
• Niles Kiwanis — noon Hometown Buffet, Eastwood Mall complex, Niles.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; submit it to the Virtual Newsroom at www.tribtoday.com; email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.