Robotics event to include Second Harvest food drive
SATURDAY AT HARDING HIGH SCHOOL: Warren G. Harding High School will host the fourth annual Mahoning Valley For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology (FIRST) Robotics Competition and charity food drive 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday at the school’s main gymnasium, 860 Elm Road NE, Warren. The event is being held by the Northeast Ohio FIRST Robotics Alliance (NEOFRA) and is free to the public. Concessions will be available with proceeds helping to fund future NEOFRA robotics competitions. NEOFRA is hosting a charity food drive at the event to benefit the Second Harvest Food Bank of the Mahoning Valley. Spectators can bring nonperishable food items and drop them off at the designated areas when they arrive. The most-needed food items are peanut butter, cereal, canned fruit and vegetables, tuna fish, dry pasta and macaroni and cheese. FIRST robotics teams from Harding, Girard, Champion, Austintown Fitch, Canfield and Hubbard high schools will be part of a 27-team field that includes additional teams from across Ohio, Pennsylvania and Illinois. For information, visit www.neofra.com.
GAME CHANGERS REUNION: Game Changers’ Rooftop Reunion 2017 will take place 5 p.m. Friday to 2 a.m. Saturday at 125 W. Market St. in downtown Warren as part of the Warren Homecoming. The event is being hosted by Game Changers Leadership and Peer Mentoring Initiative. Game Changers helps students to afford some form of higher education by awarding scholarships. For tickets or information, call 330-529-9808.
WITCHES NIGHT OUT: Cortland Specialty Shops will hold Witches Night Out 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday. Participants can wear a witch hat and compete in a best witch’s hat contest. Various stores will have items for sale and giveaways. For information, call Just Pizzeles at 330-638-8707.
BLOCKWATCH TO MEET: Girard Second Ward Blockwatch will meet 6 p.m. Thursday at the Girard Free Library community room.
FUNDRAISER PLANNED: Interfaith Home Maintenance Service will hold its first ”Save a Home” celebration fundraiser 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday at the Jewish Community Center in Youngstown. The event will raise funds for Interfaith’s mission and begins at 6 p.m. The event will include a basket raffle, 50-50 and a gift card raffle. Tickets are available at the office off West Rayen Avenue, Youngstown. Interfaith is a non-profit organization to help enhance the life of homeowners who are low-income, elderly or physically challenged.
• NAR-ANON — A 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs, 7 p.m., Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road SE. For more information, call Bill at 330-856-3822.
• We Do Recover — 3 p.m., United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Glimmer of Hope — 8:30 p.m., Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• A Better Place to Be — 10 p.m., Glenbeigh, 29 North Road, Niles.
• Gamblers Anonymous — closed meeting, 7:30 p.m., Westminster Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. 330-505-5060.
• Grief Share — Recovery support group, 6:30 p.m., Seeking God’s Glory Church, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren.
• Bible study for recovering people — 7:30 p.m., Niles Nazarene Church, Niles Vienna Road.
• Reformers Unanimous — 7 p.m., 2111 Sodom Hutchings Road, Vienna, a Christ-centered addiction abstinence program. 330-509-0001 or 330-720-2463.
• Lordstown Lions bingo — 7 p.m., Lordstown administration building, 1455 Salt Springs Road. Doors open 5:30 p.m.
• Total Deliverance — 12-step meeting, 6 p.m., 2970 Parkman Road, Warren. For information, call 330-942-3597 or 330-369-2504.
• The Survivors Group — 7 p.m., Neil Kennedy Outpatient Facility, 160 Clifton Drive, Howland, open discussion.
• Warren Stamp Club — 7:30 p.m., Panera Bread community room, 3641 Elm Road NE, Warren.
• Weight loss and stop smoking hypnosis session — 6 p.m., Yoga Room, behind Howland Administration Building, state Route 46, Howland. For infomation, call Steve at 330-647-0399.
• Howland Group — 1 p.m. Howland Community Church, 198 Niles Cortland Road.
• Saturday Here and Now Group — 4 p.m., The Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Saturday Night Serenity — 7 p.m., First Church of God, 541 South High St., Cortland.
• Seeking God’s Glory — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Overeaters Anonymous — 10 a.m., St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, 4453 Warren Sharon Road, Vienna. 330-545-5139.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 4 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Warren Toastmaster Club — 9 a.m., Christ Church Episcopal, 2627 Atlantic St. NE, Warren. Call Ken, 330-373-6113.
• Saturday Night Recovery — 7 p.m. open discussion, Second Christian Church, 904 W. Market St., Warren.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; submit it to the Virtual Newsroom at www.tribtoday.com; email email@example.com; or mail to or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle, 240 Franklin St. SE, Warren, OH 44483.