Medical history from Civil War will be topic
VIENNA HISTORICAL SOCIETY: The Vienna Historical Society will host a program on Civil War medical advancements 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Vienna Township hall. Guest speaker is Cassie Nespor, Melnick Museum curator at Youngstown State University.
SCRAP TIRE COLLECTION: Howland Township will be conducting a scrap tire collection dropoff for Howland residents only Oct. 2 to 6. Residents may drop off a maximum of eight tires with no rims only at the Public Works Department, 3600 North River Road between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m.
NAACP FUNDRAISER: The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People will hold a scholarship fundraiser 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Trumbull Community Action Program, 1230 Palmyra Road, Warren. There will be onsite personal fitness at 330-469-3247.
ST. DOMINIC SCHOOL REUNION: A special celebration of St. Dominic School alumni and friends will be held Saturday at the parish center, 77 E. Lucius Ave., Youngstown. The event will begin with a Mass at 5 p.m. followed by a social and dinner. All proceeds from the event will go directly to the purchase of an organ for the church. Special honoree will be the Rev. Joseph Allen, who was pastor of St. Dominic’s in the 1970s and the late 1990s. Allen is celebrating 50 years of priesthood this year. Tickets will be available at St. Dominic Masses or online at www.saintdominic.org/
st-doms-school-reunion. For information, call 330-783-1900, Ext. 227.
95 YEARS OF SERVICE: In October, the United Methodist Community Center will celebrate providing 95 years of service to women, children and veterans and others in need in the community. To mark the special time, the center is hosting a UMCC Community Treasure Celebration 6 to 9 p.m. Oct. 19 at Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Youngstown. There will be a ”Night of Jazz” featuring Chantae Cann, a renowned jazz recording artist. For tickets, information and sponsors, call 330-747-5149 or 330-501-2188.
VENDOR NIGHT: The YWCA of Warren will hold a vendor night and fundraiser celebrating women in business 5:30 p.m. Oct. 19. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for guests to browse dozens of women-owned businesses and bid on raffle items. A program follows at 7 p.m. and features keynote speaker Stephanie Gilchrist of Inspiring Minds Youngstown. Vendor registrations will be accepted until all tables are full, and registration forms can be acquired at ywcaofwarren.org or by contacting the office. The evening also will feature the 2017 YWCA Warren Shero Awards, community awards for women who are everyday superheroes in the areas of business, community service and support of YWCA Warren. Nominations are open through Monday. Nominations can be submitted through ywcaofwarren.org or by contacting the office. Admission is free and open to the public, and guests will have an opportunity to make a one-time gift or recurring pledge to support YWCA Warren’s work to eliminate racism and empower women. There will also be raffle baskets, 50 / 50 raffle and door prizes. For information, contact Molly Toth at the YWCA Warren at 330-373-1010, Ext. 41, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Sunday breakfast — 8:30 to 9 a.m., Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, served by Tod United Methodist Church. The mission serves meals daily at noon and 4 p.m.
• Write to Recover — 10 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Gamblers Anonymous 12-Step fellowship — 7:30 p.m. Christ Church Presbyterian Church, 3425 Hopkins Road, Cornersburg. 330-505-5060.
• The Butts FAmily Museum in Fowler is open 1 to 4 p.m. June through October. For information or tours, call 330-507-9078 or 330-360-7796.
• Sunday Solutions — 2 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Keeping it Simple — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Regardless Of — 7 p.m., Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Ave., Warren.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330 856-3822.
Anyone with items for Seeing Eye should call 330-841-1738; email email@example.com; mail or drop off information at the Tribune Chronicle.