Howland Rotary stuffs truck for service people
STUFF THE TRUCK: Howland Rotary Club will sponsor the ”Stuff the Truck” drive 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at Howland USO, 160 Clifton Drive NE, to collect non-perishable and needed care items for servicemen and women.
HARTFORD GROUP TO MEET: Hartford Historical Society will hold an organizational meeting 7 p.m. today at the Hartford fire hall, state routes 7 and 305.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION: League of Women Voters of Trumbull County will be at the food court at the Eastwood Mall in Niles 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday. Forms for voter registration will be available that day. There will be information for those who have moved, changed their names or have not voted in the last four years. The last day to register to vote is Oct. 10.
LIBRARY FRIENDS MEET: Hubbard Friends of the Library will meet 6 p.m. today at the library, 436 W. Liberty St. The annual book sale will be Oct. 4 to 7. For information, call Bonnie at 330-534-1394. Donations of DVDs, CDs, puzzles and games are accepted at the library circulation desk.
CLASS TO MEET: Warren G. Harding June 1948 Class will hold its 69-year reunion luncheon 1 p.m. Tuesday at Enzo’s Restaurant, Elm Road NE, Warren. Classmates and spouses are welcome. For reservations or information, call Ruth at 330-856-2008 or 330-399-6521.
POLITICAL GROUP SPONSORS SPEAKER: Lordstown High School Political History Club will host Ohio State Auditor David Yost 10 a.m. Tuesday at an assembly in the high school auditorium. The event is part of the school’s celebration of the U.S. Constitution.
GARDEN PROGRAM: Trumbull County Master Gardeners will hold a free garden program 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Trumbull Agriculture and Family Education Center in Cortland. The topic is pruning. Call 330-307-6422.
LIVE MUSIC AT LIBRARY: Classical guitarist Kevin Sherwin will perform a variety of music 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Main Library of the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library, 444 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren. Sherwin is a soloist and leader of orchestral and choral ensembles. He has performed across the country, debuting at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and performing at the Great Music Series in San Diego and the Music without Borders Festival of Montreal. Admission is free.
• A New Day Nar-Anon Family Group — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St. Newton Falls. Call Teri, 330-646-4480, or Patty, 330-307-3002.
• Better Your Future Through Hope — Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• First Things First — 6 p.m. literature discussion, Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Cortland Area Kiwanis — 5 p.m. Real Deal Coffee Cafe.
• Someplace Safe — 1540 Tod Ave., Warren, Call 330-393-3005.
• Howland Rotary Club — noon Shepherd of the Valley, North River Road.
• Youngstown Executive Toastmasters — 6:45 p.m. Shepherd of the Valley, 301 Western Reserve Road, Boardman. For information, www.speakingclub.org.
• Youngstown Toastmasters Executive 408 — 6:40 p.m. Adamas Square, 8131 Market St., Boardman.
• Celebrate Recovery — 6:30 p.m. Bloomfield Recovery Center, 10113 Creaser Ashtabula Road, Bloomfield, eight-step Christian program. Call 330-599-2402.
• Monday Night Serenity Hall AA — 7:30 p.m. Badger Hall, First Presbyterian Church, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 1353, Leavittsburg — weigh-in 6 p.m., meeting 7 p.m., Leavittsburg Church of God, 610 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg. Call 330-898-0357.
• TOPS Ohio 698, Girard — weigh-in 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., meeting 6:30 p.m., First Christian Church, 140 E. Broadway Ave., Girard. Call 330-545-4770 or 330-534-2618.
• Nothing to Fear — 10 a.m. First Presbyterian Church, 4 Summit St., Niles.
• Monday Night Miracles — 7 p.m. Fellowship Hall, 2555 Rush Blvd., Youngstown.
• Hubbard HOW — 7:30 p.m. Church of the Nazarene, 1815 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard.
• The Landing — 6 p.m. celebrate recovery program for teens, Mahoning Valley Hope Center, 3217 Surrey Road, Warren. Call 330-369-3010.
• MVI HospiceCare Bereavement Support Group — 6 p.m. Boardman Park, Georgeanna Parker Administrative Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road. Call Lisa Altman, licensed social worker, 330-759-9487.
• The Weigh Inn — weigh-in 5 to 6 p.m., meeting 6:15 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St. Call 330-652-9098.
• GIRARD COUNCIL 7 p.m. today at the municipal building with caucus at 6:30 p.m.
• GIRARD CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION 5 p.m. today at mayor’s office conference room at city hall.
• WARREN COUNCIL 5 p.m. today in the caucus room at the municipal justice building to review the agenda and budget.
• LIBERTY BOARD OF EDUCATION 6 p.m. today at the high school community center.
• BAZETTA TRUSTEES 7 p.m. today at the township hall. The trustees will hold a zoning hearing 5 p.m.
• KINSMAN TRUSTEES 6 p.m. today at the township hall.
• LORDSTOWN BOARD OF EDUCATION 6 p.m. today in the high school media center, with a caucus at 5:30 p.m.
• LIBERTY BOARD OF EDUCATION 5:30 p.m. today at the high school community room.
• NILES COUNCIL special meeting at 4 p.m. today in council chambers.
• NEWTON TRUSTEES 6:30 p.m. today at township hall.
• HOWLAND BOARD OF EDUCATION 6:30 p.m. today at administration building board room.
• HUBBARD BOARD OF EDUCATION 7 p.m. today at the board meeting room, with work session at 5:30 p.m.
• AUSTINTOWN TRUSTEES noon today at the township administration building.
• HOWLAND TRUSTEES 5 p.m. Tuesday at township hall.
• WARREN TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES 7 p.m. Tuesday at township hall.
• NEWTON FALLS PARK/ RECREATION BOARD 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at the municipal building.
• MAHONING COUNTY COMMISSIONERS 10 a.m. Tuesday at the commissioners hearing room.