Find out how Hubbard tastes at annual event
FOOD TENTS AND MORE: The 10th annual Taste of Hubbard will be noon to 3 p.m. Sept. 24 at Harding Park in Hubbard. More than 20 tents will be set up, with food provided by local establishments. There also will be a vintage car cruise, deejay, activities and vendors. Tickets are $20 per person. For information or tickets, call 330-534-5060. The Taste of Hubbard is organized by the Harding Park Meeting House Building Committee, Hubabrd Rotary, Hubbard Area Chamber of Commerce and Harding Park Board. To donate items, call 330-717-4627.
CHAMPION ALUMNI TO MEET: The Champion Schools Alumni Band will hold the second alumni reunion at the school’s homecoming game Oct. 13. The group will practice briefly on Oct. 12 with music to be sent in advance. To participate and for more information, contact Christine Orr at 330-766-5461 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
BUDDY WALK: The Down Syndrome Association of the Valley will hold the Buddy Walk noon Sept. 24 at Eastwood Field in Niles. The event is held as part of Down Syndrome Awareness Month with the walk designed to promote acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome.
TNP OFFERS GRANTS: Trumbull Neighborhood Parternship is offering funding for the Building a Better Warren mini-grant program with a grant from the Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley and First Place Community Foundation. Building a Better Warren offers residents and neighborhood associations interested in taking on a neighborhood cleanup, beautification and other improvement projects an opportunity to receive funding. For information, call Denise at 330-469-6827 or download an application at tnpwarren.org
SELF-CARE REMEDIES: Mercy Health-Youngstown will host two Health at Home programs at St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital 11 a.m to noon and 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Youngstown Room. Participants will receive a free copy of ”Health at Home: Your Complete Guide to Symptoms, Solutions & Self Care.” This book provides step-by-step instructions for handling more than 200 common health problems, including self care, prevention and determining when it’s time to seek immediate medical care. The instructor will discuss each section of the book, highlighting specific health concerns. For information or to register, call 330-480-3070.
FLOWER DESIGNING: Creative Flower Designing 101 with Joe Mineo will be 11 a.m. Friday at the Warren-Trumbull County Main Library, 444 Mahoning Ave. NW. Mineo will demonstrate creative and innovative flower arranging. Copies of his book, “It’s My Party: A Celebration of the Art of Event Design,” also will be available for purchase and signing at the event. Mineo is the owner and creative director of Joe Mineo Creative and began his career with his first business, Something New Florist, Gifts & Home Decor in Canfield. No reservations are necessary.
INSPIRING MINDS GALA: Inspiring Minds Youngstown will hold the annual fundraising Black Tie Gala 6 to 9 p.m. Oct. 7 at Stambaugh Auditorium, 1000 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. Inspiring Minds Youngstown has the mission to impact the lives of underrepresented youth in the city. Inspiring Minds Youngstown provides an educational experience that empowers childrens’ entrepreneurial spirit, creative talents and harnesses their full potential. Inspiring Minds Youngstown launched in 2015 as an affiliate to the work happening with Inspiring Minds Warren, which has been operating since 2006. Since then, IM Youngstown has served hundreds of students through after-school and summer enrichment programming focusing on education and exposure to new experiences.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Sunday breakfast — 8:30 to 9 a.m., Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, served by Tod United Methodist Church. The mission serves meals daily at noon and 4 p.m.
• Write to Recover — 10 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Gamblers Anonymous 12-Step fellowship — 7:30 p.m. Christ Church Presbyterian Church, 3425 Hopkins Road, Cornersburg. 330-505-5060.
• Sunday Solutions — 2 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Keeping it Simple — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Regardless Of — 7 p.m., Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Ave., Warren.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330 856-3822.
Send items to: Seeing Eye, Tribune Chronicle, 240 Franklin St. SE, Warren, OH 44483.