Autumn Fest set for Saturday in Champion
WINDSOR HOUSE: Windsor House at Champion, 200 E. Glendola Ave., will host an Autumn Fest 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday with a car show, fall displays and decorations, activities and refreshments.
LECTURE ON ESSENTIAL OILS: A free lecture on the variety of different uses for essential oils will be 2 p.m. Saturday at the Main Library of the Warren-Trumbull County Public Library, 444 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren. Maureen Lauer-Gatta of The Yoga Room will explain how essential oils can be used as natural medicine, in recipes, as natural cleaners and more.
Registration is required by calling the library at 330-399-8807, Ext. 200.
SQUARE DANCE: North Bloomfield Historical Society is hosting a square dance 7 to 9:30 p.m. Saturday at the town hall, state Routes 45 and 87. Refreshments will be served. Admission is $5 per person. For information, call 330-506-3370.
BINGO / CARD PARTY: The Ladies Guild of SS. Peter and Paul Church, 180 Belvedere NE, Warren, will hold a Bingo / Card Party from 1 to 4 p.m. Sunday in the social hall at the church. There will be a box lunch, prizes and raffles. Tickets are available by calling 330-728-2982 or at the door, if available.
SOMEPLACE SAFE HOSTS EVENT: A Quarters for Change quarter auction to raise money and awareness for Someplace Safe and Solace Center will be 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday at Blessed Sacrament Church, Reagan Hall, 3020 Reeves Road, Warren. There will be 50-50 raffle, vendors and food. Auction paddles will be sold.
Call 330-393-3003, Ext. 102, for information.
FAMILY FEST: The Skate Zone Fun Center will hold a free Family and Community Fest 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 7. The event will allow families to connect with local businesses; network with fire, police and health officials; and learn more about the community.
There will be children’s activities, face painting, magic show, raffles and visits with SpongeBob SquarePants, Papa Smurf, Andy Armadillo and others. Austintown fire and police departments, Mahoning County Health Department, Summit Academy and other organizations and businesses are scheduled to take part.
Those attending are asked to bring two canned goods to benefit the Second Harvest Food Bank. Each two cans will earn one free attraction pass.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211.
• Call Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, gives out supplemental bags of food and clothing from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — promote aftercare following incarceration, 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road SE, Warren.
• NAMI Connection — 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. 330-531-7490, firstname.lastname@example.org or www.namimv.org
• NAMI Connection — 6 p.m., D&E Center, 142 Javit Court, Austintown. 330-531-7490, email@example.com or www.namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. NE, Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5:15 p.m., meeting at 5:45 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• TOPS 1497 — weigh-in 9:30 a.m., meeting at 10 a.m., Smith Corners United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Canfield Niles Road, Austintown. 330-759-4737.
• Divorce/Death Aren’t Really the End (DARE) singles group — 7:30 p.m. Thursdays, Disciples Christian Church, 565 Boardman Canfield Road. 330-729-0127.